How much is my used computer worth?

Yea, pretty much correct.

Yoou could have use this as back up server, throw in Linux and it will run like charm

- Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz processor <---- not bad but still out of date.
- 256 RDRAM memory <----- still too low
- 60 GB disk space <----- too small
- 19" CRT Monitor <----- Hugh size of space & heavy weight..... most people rather to have LCD
- 250 Internal Zip Drive (fourth slot) <---- useless - no more made - hard to find Zip Drive

Most people will take your computer for less than $150.

- Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz processor <---- not bad but still out of date.
- 256 RDRAM memory <----- still too low
- 60 GB disk space <----- too small
- 19" CRT Monitor <----- Hugh size of space & heavy weight..... most people rather to have LCD
- 250 Internal Zip Drive (fourth slot) <---- useless - no more made - hard to find Zip Drive

Most people will take your computer for less than $150.

I used to have pack of zip drive diskette. Now that I don't know what I did with it. My zip drive just died of "click of death". That's the common problem with internal Zipdrive. I had that 5 years ago.

As for RAM memory above, 256mb, you can find maximum spec on your system to see how much it can take maximum amt of ram memory. Sometime you can upgrade it to the max which is good enuf.

On last post, like Diehardbiker said, Use it as a server or use Linux. :hmm:

Or you can use your old system to test downloaded files and run it to see if the program been infected with virus or not. It's like asking someone to taste food before you eat it. Treat it like a guinea pig. :rofl2:

It depends on how your system works with Linux. If you know there are many flavors of Linuxes. If one doesn't work, try different flavor. I would recommend Ubuntu since your system is 2.0 Ghz. What kind of graphic adapter you have? Is it onboard or AGP?

That's what I did on my basement system :rofl:

If one of my system got infected, I told my kids, I'll reformat and get it up and running in 1 hour. They go :ugh: :shrug: Cuz all their saved file from game was lost during reformat. :lol:

Catty

Back