How many of you don't wearing HA/CI?

karbrino

Reaction score
Well, I am one of them. I am very picky when it come to hearing aids because I do not like the crappy quality and prefer the best quality. The problem is I am poor as my parents/siblings are foreign except for myself. I'm forced to analyze what they are saying and I used "what?" sometime, but not a lot.

I move to a new place, took regular class in high school and passed without using hearing aids. I didn't get into social as I seriously get panic in my mind that I have to listen all the time, so I only made few friends. Many of them understand my situation and almost all haters I had ended up being a friend to me and apologized. I had depression for 3 years because I came from Manhattan to a small boring rural town. Right now, I am used to this place and only consider Manhattan as "thing of the past."

Last time I have a hearing aids is when I was 11 years old and now I am 18 years old. I will admit that I am having hard time to socialize with hearing people since the crowd talking turn me off and make me find a quieter place. Good thing is that many know me as capable leader and awesome sexy friend.

The question is did anyone go through the period of not having hearing aids or CI for a long time? I am interested in your story as I know I not alone and I wanna know how you deal with it if you don't mind.

I used to wear Both HA's since i was baby, At 16 I stopped wearing left HA due to tinntius. Now at 30 i am not wearing the right HA anymore as recently had the CI operation. My activication date is on the 20th of August. It would be 5 weeks from the operation to activcation date and it's the longest i had without HA. Sadly i am not enjoying the silence, I am going to my cochlear centre today and see if they'll fit temporary HA for my left ear and see how i get on with it. Fingers crossed it'll AT LEAST give me some sounds (i am profoundly deaf) and hope i won't have tinntius.!!

:roll: It's same as other thread. MOD closed the thread because of bashing and flame war!

I don't have hearing aids or CI. I do have a device called a tactiaid though that vibrates when it's noisy which I used a lot at first but unfortunately it's playing up a little and there is no replacement for them.

People communicate with me by deafblind manual or writting block capital letters on my hand.

Back