How is your weather today??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might also get 25-foot waves, too. North Lake Shore Drive is partially closed because of it.

I am not sure how big the waves will get but Plum Island is being closely watched , about 6 houses been lost in storms the last 5 five years. Millions of $$$ been wasted trying to save the houses that do not belong right next the ocean.

WOW it is absolutely pouring rain here!!! Ahhhh we need it so badly. I love love love when it rains.

I am not sure how big the waves will get but Plum Island is being closely watched , about 6 houses been lost in storms the last 5 five years. Millions of $$$ been wasted trying to save the houses that do not belong right next the ocean.

Ah, yes. That does happen, and it's no fun. They have closed the entire lakefront bike path, because it's simply too dangerous to use it, as there's a very high risk of getting swept out, and hypothermia.

Ah, yes. That does happen, and it's no fun. They have closed the entire lakefront bike path, because it's simply too dangerous to use it, as there's a very high risk of getting swept out, and hypothermia.

Yeah that happen here some times and been mandatory evacuations for people living on the island b/c once the bridge flooded out there is no way off the island by land . You have go by boat and the ocean is too rough .
I might go to the boardwalk if the weather is not too bad . I love seeing the big waves

Winter weather advisory till 8pm tomorrow night.

WOW it is absolutely pouring rain here!!! Ahhhh we need it so badly. I love love love when it rains.

I hope the ground will be able to soak up the water and not have it run all off .
Is the ground hard as a rock from a lack of rain?

It's now 32 degrees. We're officially at freezing! The state issued a fire advisory given how dry October was. What a hoot that is given the record breaking wet June we had.

I hope the ground will be able to soak up the water and not have it run all off .
Is the ground hard as a rock from a lack of rain?

Unfortunately it didn't rain that hard for very long. Hopefully get more rain soon.

At 57 cool and crisp, what they refer to as winter down here! :roll::laugh2:

Yea yea yea sure rub it in I'm freezing my gonads off here :P You'd break a toe on them with a kick right now!!! :laugh2:

Yea yea yea sure rub it in I'm freezing my gonads off here :P You'd break a toe on them with a kick right now!!! :laugh2:

Trouble with the thermostat honey? Me thinks ya need a little a-dult supervision! :)

Trouble with the thermostat honey? Me thinks ya need a little a-dult supervision! :)

I need all a-dult the supervision I can get :naughty: I used your suggestion and got something ... after a couple shots of that I won't feel it anyways :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
1_3629375_3.jpg

I need all a-dult the supervision I can get :naughty: I used your suggestion and got something ... after a couple shots of that I won't feel it anyways :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
1_3629375_3.jpg

I'm so jealous now, you know I can't imbibe right now smartass! :laugh2: How-evuh, glad I can help an old bud! :P

gimme a ticket, Id fly over, but then its summer here :cool2:
so can you still hit the beach in winter? just curious, even sunbathe?

1_3629375_3.jpg

ah an over-proof rum......its flammable too!

I given up alcohol, been there done that anyway, had worlds best bourbons, rums, scots, irish and wines....I'm a coffee drinker now -in moderation though! dont wanna have high blood pressure or such later on.....

gimme a ticket, Id fly over, but then its summer here :cool2:
so can you still hit the beach in winter? just curious, even sunbathe?

If it's mild enough AND the sun is out, sure one can have a great time at the beach, the water is cooler so I wear a long nylon Top afterwards. Whatever works for you. :)

Currently it's 29 right now, but later today in Palatine it should be 45, a major improvement from yesterday's very rough conditions. Hopefully it will be be calm when I depart at 5:30 AM.

If it's mild enough AND the sun is out, sure one can have a great time at the beach, the water is cooler so I wear a long nylon Top afterwards. Whatever works for you. :)

...so you can still swim in winter :shock: ??
or would that be generally applied to surfers wearing wetsuits?

...so you can still swim in winter :shock: ??
or would that be generally applied to surfers wearing wetsuits?

I think wetsuits are usually used in the Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico just south of the US doesn't fluctuate much making it mild enough to go to the beach. As you head to south Florida, it's almost warm enough year round with an occasional rare cold snap. Think of it like the weather just north of Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back