How do you get 5 yr. old to clean up mess?

get the book "dont shoot the dog" by karen pryor, nothing new, but its a good little book, easy to read, ok its about animals and dogs, but principle of positive reinforcement is discussed and explained throughtoutly.

All I have to do is to give praise to Dixie.

She's been a very hard-working mother that makes sure her daughter's needs comes first before hers.

Sorry but to criticise her parenting methods, I couldn't do that.

Dixie, you're doing a great job! Keep up with the reinforcements and set up Mommy and Me times on a calendar so your daughter can look forward to. Mommy and Me times costs nothing.

Pack a lunch, go for a walk. Do each others' nails/hairs. Go for a hike & take pictures and catch great shots.

She's been a very hard-working mother that makes sure her daughter's needs comes first before hers.

Dixie, you're doing a great job! Keep up with the reinforcements and set up Mommy and Me times on a calendar so your daughter can look forward to. Mommy and Me times costs nothing.

Pack a lunch, go for a walk. Do each others' nails/hairs. Go for a hike & take pictures and catch great shots.

:gpost:

I see nothing wrong with her parenting methods, either. Kudos to you, Dixie!

yah i agree, leave her alone!, she is working fucking hard, as a solo mum, its 3 times more difficult than if you're happily married with one partner living at home as a housewife or househusband.

Hey Dixie!!! Hello from another single mom!! My daughter sounds exactly like yours only mine is a little older. Mine just turned 7 in January.

My daughter was a huge handful when she was 5. There were two books that helped me tremendously when my Little one was going through her own adjustment around the age your girl is.

The two books are:
Parenting the Strong-willed Child by Rex Forehand and Nicholas Long.
and
How to behave so your children will, too! by Sal Severe.

Both are excellent books and have lots of different ways to help you parent your child. I don't use everything in them, but they give you lots of great places to start!

Keep up the good work and hang in there.

And remember that consistency is THE MOST Important key!!!

aRachel

Thanks for the support guys, there are days I really doubt my parenting skills, and there are days I feel horrible about how I'm never there anymore for her physically. I like the idea of Mommy and Me dates, and I'll see if I can make those happen despite the fact that I work during the evenings with split days off during the week and I typically work 11-9 on weekends and I live 45 mins from work. Its hard having a crappy work schedule like I do. by the time I get home from work its too late to do anything, and I have to leave mid-morning so there's not enough time to do anything in morning. Hopefully that will change soon.

Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket

I do not see anything that we criticise Dixie´s parenting method. All what I see is Dixie ASKED us for any suggestion. Accord bottom of her 1st thread "Any suggestion". We offered our advice, tips, suggestion etc to her how to help her daughter or reduce her stress.

I find good that Dixie ask us for advice. It´s up to her to take some ADer´s advice or not.

Thanks for the support guys, there are days I really doubt my parenting skills, and there are days I feel horrible about how I'm never there anymore for her physically. I like the idea of Mommy and Me dates, and I'll see if I can make those happen despite the fact that I work during the evenings with split days off during the week and I typically work 11-9 on weekends and I live 45 mins from work. Its hard having a crappy work schedule like I do. by the time I get home from work its too late to do anything, and I have to leave mid-morning so there's not enough time to do anything in morning. Hopefully that will change soon.

Welcome.

You don´t have to feel doubt your parenting skill. You are good mother and want to help your daughter and reduce your stress... I´m glad that you created your thread to ask us for support with our advices, tips, etc.

She is saying nothing get taken away if she hold off responsibilities. But they do. Just not the way she sees it.

Children lose recess time if they misbehave. Material things is fun things for some kids and so is recess. Or whatever the punishment is, you lose some of your fun time whatever it is.

Who is "She". Do you mean Dixie?

It´s your post, I referred to with my questions, not Dixie.

You entitle your opinion as the same as I entitle my opinion as well. We are here to support Dixie with our tips, advice, etc.

Should get the knot for the door..so u can lock the door ur bedroom while your away.

who's babysitting ur daughter?

Back