Votes: 4 11.4%
  • AT&T

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Verizon

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
I use Verizon's XV6900 PPC on NATIONWIDE EMAIL & MESSAGING UNLIM MINS UNLIM PDA Plan. It is a touchscreen that uses Windows Mobile 6.1, practically like hauling a miniature laptop with me. :D

I use the LG Rumor from Virgin Mobile Canada.

Very accessible for low vision. Hubby did the research for me and it was $99 no contract and only $15.00 every 2-3 months for us. We use it for texting only.

Verizon does have a "disability" office. you can get unlimited texts, data and such for abt 30.00. In the website you look very hard, you find it. They also have a vrs in that office. If you want the plan you must call that office Mon thru Fri from 8 to 5. You can also go into any Verizon mobile store and ask for the disability plan. Make them look for it as some will tell you they dont have it. I went to my local Verizon office. They have a greeter. She will write your name on paper and call you when a rep is ready. I waited two hours. Why? I did not hear my name called. I had told greeter I was deaf. She said ok. Two hours later I stood in front of her and gave her my best grandma "wtf" face. She gave a look of recognition and surprise. Pointed to my scratched out name on her pad and angrily told me she had called me about half an hour ago. I gave her a great "duh" expression as I pointed to the very large ald on my lanyard and the equally noticeable earphones. She said - ready - no really - she said " Just how close do I have to be before you hear me??" (drums please)

The voicemail to text feature no longer works. Alltel had it, Verizon can't make it work on my phone. They have it on my hearing husband's phone. He never asked for it, it works great, same phone I have, but they can't seem to remove it or to stop charging for it.

I am thinking that when this plan is up (counting) I will definately switch. Thanks for this posting idea, I am getting some great ideas for which companies are better for deaf.

Oh, aaaand, my husband called the customer service folks for me on his phone cause - duh - I am deaf guys, and asked that they call him back at his number. They agreed -Ready? - they called back on my number less than 5 mins later. West Texas is a hoot ya'll, ya just couldn't make this stuff up.

Thanks for this post - good ideas for next phone company!

That's awful! I think Sprint was mistype the number for account.
No, they didn't mistype it. The senior manager that spoke to Hubby on the phone said they don't care to whom an account belongs. As long as there is money in an account, they'll take it. They don't verify the legitimacy of the account. He flat out told Hubby that.

That corporate attitude really turned us off.

No, they didn't mistype it. The senior manager that spoke to Hubby on the phone said they don't care to whom an account belongs. As long as there is money in an account, they'll take it. They don't verify the legitimacy of the account. He flat out told Hubby that.

That corporate attitude really turned us off.

No wonder Sprint's business go down due poor customer service.

I use Sprint Relay Store - Welcome! and their customer service is pretty friendly and nice to us also they have VP200 to talk us. Look like deaf coworker are friendly than hearing coworker. :dunno:

Yes, I heard lot hearing friends complain about Sprint service but lot deaf/HOH friends are happy with Sprint service.

I use Verizon with $55 per month for unlimited data and text.

I'm suggest to file the lawsuit against Sprint since fraud is horribly wrong and illegal....
It's too expensive and time consuming to sue.

We got our money back, minus legal costs, so that's it. The police went to serve a warrant on the scam customer but couldn't find him. It was a non-violent crime, so they aren't going to pursue it.

T-Mobile

may i ask, why do you want to go back to Tmobile and sidekick? Lots of people are not happy with sidekick. They switched to BB, verizon, or any other servies rather than Tmobile/sidekick.

I still have a sidekick lx. i have sidekick for 6 years. I haven't go to the other service yet. last week ago, my sidekick has been acting up for the whole 2 weeks, only email itself that was outrage and been fixed toooo long. I still don't know how to switch to the other service because i am too comfortable to be familiarize with my sidekick. :giggle: I am not good at changing. ha

I do have a BlackBerry Curve 8900 (or Javelin) from T-Mobile. One main reason I stay with them is because of a low rate on BB Unlimited International E-Mail Add on for only $20 monthly. I can cancel it anytime after a travel.

may i ask, why do you want to go back to Tmobile and sidekick? Lots of people are not happy with sidekick. They switched to BB, verizon, or any other servies rather than Tmobile/sidekick.

I still have a sidekick lx. i have sidekick for 6 years. I haven't go to the other service yet. last week ago, my sidekick has been acting up for the whole 2 weeks, only email itself that was outrage and been fixed toooo long. I still don't know how to switch to the other service because i am too comfortable to be familiarize with my sidekick. :giggle: I am not good at changing. ha

You gotta to understand. German wireless giant Deutsche Telekom bought America's Voicestream Wireless and renamed to T-Mobile USA in 2001. They are rapidly expanding by adding more tower cells. But the problem is that T-Mobile USA is not an American company so therefore the USA government's regulation dept gives them hard times. Perfect example, many of you are not aware that T-Mobile won a bid on 3G spectrum in 2006. Unfortunately US Homeland Security and several US military agencies grabbed T-Mobile's 3G network and use them! Finally the US government agencies start to release 3G spectrum slowly back to T-Mobile. T-Mobile's 3G networks still haven't operated fully on USA map.

I use a Sidekick 3 cellphone, I was at the camping site, it's good coverage using Cingalur service when the T-Mobile coverage out of range. Oh I saw brand new cell tower near the camp site, it's work on Tmobile cellphones by using the Cingalur service.

T-Mobile Sidekicks SUCKS! Glad I paid off contract 2 years ago. Right now I don't have any device but I planning get Blacberry or iPhone next year.

I have a blackberry with tmobile, but didnt know there was a texting only plan. They made it a requirement to get voice which I never use. What do I tell the tmobile people to change my plan?

I have a blackberry with tmobile, but didnt know there was a texting only plan. They made it a requirement to get voice which I never use. What do I tell the tmobile people to change my plan?

What worked for me..I told them that I am deaf and only need the data plan. Got it. Good luck!

Simple tell T-Mobile customer service that u want Data Service plan only cuz u are deaf. I have T-Mobile Data Service Plan.

Back