How did you name your dog?

myjade_84

Reaction score
I have 2 pet dogs. One is a shitzu and the other one is a pitbull. The shitzu is called Bella and i got her name from Kristen Stewart's character on Twilight while the pitbull is named after the famous anime character Naruto. How about your dog? How did you name him/her?

I'm on my 2nd rottweiler. I adopted both of them. They both had names that they responded well to so I didn't want to change their name. First rottweiler was Maxine. 2nd one is Zeus.

I had several dogs over the years
German Shephard named Max... just because it sounded good.
A Shephard mix named Karma...because Karma will bite you in the ass.
A Black Lab named Conan...because he was massive and huge!
A Jack Russle named Sparky...because he is quick like a spark plug and full of energy.

A Cocker Spaniel named "Sweetheart"...because she was just that...
A Rat Terrier named "Daisey Mae"...she was a country dog...
A Shistzu named "Buffy"...it just fit her to a "T"
A Shitzu named "Josephine"...after the Song..."Hello, Josephine!"
A Dachound named "Blossom"...she always seemed to smile...
A Pomeranian named "Anita"...all her relatives names started with an "A"...

My german short haired pointer was hard to name. But my step father actually came up with Pepper and it stuck. My golden retriever was already named when we got her. Lucky me!

My dogs always get names that I am able to say. So short and simple. Not exciting at all.

At the moment Joey , Zoey, Baby.

We have two chocolate labs:
Bella (was named when we got her)
Pickles (was named by my (at the time) 4 year old)

my dog's name is Bryan. It was already his name when I adopted him, and I didn't see the point in changing it since he was responding to it.

vqowufk.gif

My dogs always get names that I am able to say. So short and simple. Not exciting at all.

At the moment Joey , Zoey, Baby.

I had a dog that was the color of cinnamon so I named her 'Cinnamon',
and all my friends got a kick out this as I could not say cinnamon right!

I had a dog that was the color of cinnamon so I named her 'Cinnamon',
and all my friends got a kick out this as I could not say cinnamon right!

I relate. When the kids were little we had a dog we named "Wolfie". No one could tell what I was saying and it got embarrassing , so after that I made a decision to name them for clarity instead of creativity!

my neighbour called his dog elvis and the other buddy.strange coinsdance she deaf and one of the dogs hearing dog...her husband no allow signing and she wants to so i showed her what wanker is in bsl i hope she use it on him...the dog are her only life

I relate. When the kids were little we had a dog we named "Wolfie". No one could tell what I was saying and it got embarrassing , so after that I made a decision to name them for clarity instead of creativity!

When I first got Finlay as my hearing dog I wanted to give him a new name
as I knew I would have a hard time with the "F" but I was not allowed to change his name as all his papers had 'Finlay' written on them. I could not believe NEADS named a hearing dog Finlay as 'F ' is hard to say .

When I was small, my parent got a boxer puppy, and Mom and Dad were joking around about his name. "His name will be Tater Salad!" My little sister screamed "Nooooo!!!" I, however, had misheard it and went, "Sallas? His name's gonna be Sallas?" (This was before they found out I was HOH.) Mom and Dad thought it was cute, and Sallas got his name. He was a good dog. I miss him.

Wirelessly posted

My neice 's dog name is Ninja. She might have called her that bec she jumps around a lot and hyper. She still a puppy.

I nick name her litte lady and foxy lady after hearing Jimi Hendricks song on the radio wth her in the room lol

I didn't, I adopted a retiring guide dog named Heartsong, a black lab named for a set of books with poetry published by a young boy who succumbed to cancer. It's unique, but he really lives up to it

I named my dog "Cookie" cuz of fur color

Coco due to the cocoa-powder colours sprinkled on her face.
Jetta as a german pedigree which is small , sleek, fast and expensive.

We are a family of huge Sienfield fans. Hubby's sister has a lab/australian shepard mix named Bosco. We adopted a lab/newfie mix and named him Cosmo.

We are a family of huge Sienfield fans. Hubby's sister has a lab/australian shepard mix named Bosco. We adopted a lab/newfie mix and named him Cosmo.

curious, do you know what is BOSCO?

we had dog named bosco years ago. same reason why George loved bosco.

Back