how can you tell....

I know one homeless bum who is on drugs.. he act weird wud lie too much and his eyes wud be big and act like funny for no reason.. he does cocaine and meth too.. blah and never take care of himself I'm glad he's back in jail good riddance to him :roll:

good question about this topic.. hmm.. i only know the symptoms of a person being on drugs in real life instead of online.. hmm.. when ur drunk- laughing too much and joking around.. with drugs.. droopy eyes, staring in space, sleeping, talking stupid things.. on intneret pausing alots and saying nonesene things.. i used to talk to one friend who use pot and tend to joke alots and pause alots too.. as for meth and cocaine uses not sure cuz not know anyone over internet that use them? except my sister bu thats in real life.. and i know when shes on it.. with her expression, black bags under her eyes.. yelling at people and being azzhole.. her body expression moving alots.. like her hand non stop moving.. like shes hyper.. u know?? and always on th emove.... never stop.. not sleep for 3 or 4 days.. jeez.. stupid...

yellow eyes.. i never heard of that.. but i do hear of jaundice.. my son have yellow eyes and yellow skins when he was baby due to jaundice.. yellow skins.. due to jaundice.. yellow thumb.. same thing due to jaundice.. so dont know nothing about drugs ?? hmm.. its a first for me as i never heard of this yellow thumb for person to be on drug??

it could be drugs.. I knew someone who did a lot of drugs and acted the same way when they were on drugs. Your friend sounds a lot like that.

but some people do have anger issues and tend to repress them for a long time, and after a while, the repression gets to them and they take it out on people. which can cause the behaviour you're talking about. So it could be either.. The only way to really know is to see for yourself.

U have a very good point.

I never really experienced any of my friends or family members talking erratically, being mean or whatever online with me so I wouldnt have good advice. I think BearBeauty nailed it.

Good luck with your friend and hope everything works out.

Follow your instincts.......that is all you have.

No one else can tell you what their instincts are ...youa re the one living with this .....you only know him or her and you follow your own instincts. Period.

Quote:
how can you tell....

Quote:
if someone is on drugs???

what are the signs? (i know some of the signs but i want to see what others say)...

i think i can tell if they are on drugs IN PERSON... but how can you tell if they are on drugs ONLINE?? as you can't see them.. ya know what i mean???

My experience with alcohol and drug addiction in my family background. I'm going to answer drug only since you ask question about.

My sister was heavy drug and died last year of medanone overdose. (I created a few threads about her last year).

Anyway, I have seen her in real life and can tell that she was under drugs. She walked like "zombie" and her movement is very slowly and quiet... and talk very slowly.

Accord my Dad & brother's experience, if there're big fighting between them - she act real terrible and wild, cuss real loud and awful languages...

I don't have any experience to deal with online druggies but writing letter. I beleive that writing letters and online are the same and sure that I will tell difference if I deal with online druggies.

I used to receive the letters from my sister and can tell the difference between normal and abnormal. One of letters is normal, she talked about her children and try to positive her life etc... and then next letter, she is different person and talked about her "experience" in fanasty world. Example of many things: we know she is the fan of Bruce Willis. She claimed that Bruce phoned her everyday when he is in America. He said to her that he will marry her when he is in England. It's the same with alcohol as well, my mom wrote the letter like that to me... and talk about rich man want to marry her.... and live in fanasty world. I beleive that those letters, I received from my sister and mom relate the same as online, they want to talk you. I'm sure that I will tell their talk normal and abnormal... A lot of people who addict to alcohol and drugs often living in fanasty world, sometimes they talk about werid peom or songs....

what if he does it out of the blue for no reason? and catches you offguard??? because this is a person i have known for years who was always so sweet n loving who never argued with anyone... but in the last few years he has been very nasty, verbally abusive, tongue lashing at people, we think he is on drugs (he admitted that he tried everything for the fun of it but wasn't "HOOKED" to them??? how can you NOT be hooked to drugs cuz i have heard stories that once you try it... you are easily hooked!??? :dunno:) i mean he was always this sweet person and all that... but lately he has been taking it out on everyone... and if he is mad at someone... he calls them names, says nasty things about them that you wouldn't believe... then after they make up... he acts like nothing happened??? he does it with everyone sheesh... HE HAS CHANGED SO MUCH... we also think it has to do with his upbringing and also he has ushers syndrome that he is STILL IN DENIAL... and his eyesight has increasingly gotten worse in the last few years as well...

so we are trying to figure out if his erratic behavior has to do with drugs or not...

Yes it's something do with drug. It sounds that your friend has background problem? Is it something reason why he is depressive and unhappy? Is it that he has problem?

A lot of people who become to addict drug, refused to admit that they are drug addcition.

If you want to help your friend then I will be happy to provide few links of my thread about my sister.

he also could have not used illegal drugs but instead getting addicted to the medications that u cant get without dr's written paper or whatever. that case ....the one u were talking about... my sister was exactly same way and shes addicted to codine (painkiller medication) and she denied it every single time even though lot of us found it hidden somewhere in her house.

another thing... that person also could go through depression. and cant take it anymore... theres so many things that can change a person's way of dealing with the life and everything else. so dont rush and decide he must be using illegal drugs. theres way too many things that can cause him to act like that.

just wanted to add that just to make sure you know theres more than just illegal drugs that can make a person behave differently. Also a broken heart can cause that ... stress daily wiht no break... difficult with sleeping, etc etc etc... make sure u cancel those out before u can decide he certainly is using drugs. ok?

All I think of is how they type words like lot of misspellings or missing letters.

Okay so on the drug thing. Every drug causes you to act differently and everyone acts differently with each drug. Back 7 years ago I used to use drugs. Only on the weekends when I would go to clubs and party. I used to use ecstasy every weekend all weekend. No one could tell during the week what I did on the weekend. Most people that use ecstasy love to dance and talk. Not me. I was quiet and sat in one place normally. I used “K” (kedamine although I know the spelling is wrong). Okay so let me list them all. X, K, GHB, acid, pot, crystal meth, cocaine, I think that is all of them I used to use. A lot of times I would start with X then smoke pot then do some K then some more X then start with G then more K and end the night with crystal meth. All that in one night. How these drugs affect you really depends on the person. I have never heard of a person overdosing on cocaine and cocaine doesn’t make you angry. Paranoid yes but not angry. I looked and acted different with each drug. With K most people like to sit. I liked to dance and walk around and be active. Complete opposite from the majority of people that used it. X your eyes have a tendency to be wide open, but pot your eyes are more almost closed. On coke most people’s jaw moves around like they are chewing gum even if they aren’t. If they are then they really look crazy. I used all these drugs and did not become addicted to any of them but I don’t have an addictive personality. I don’t hang out with the people I did all those years ago and I don’t do those drugs anymore either.
As far as your friend. I am a sweet patient kind hearted person that lets so much stuff roll off my back. I can be bitchy sometimes but for the most part I am not. When I become really angry people are shocked. There are times that I cannot hold all those feeling down anymore and I am tired of being nice to people who treat me like shit. When that happens my entire personality gets turned on it’s head and then I become the opposite of who I normally am for a while. Your friend may just be fed up with people taking him for granted, taking advantage of his good nature, and using him but not giving anything in return. Speaking from experience it is very tiring being there for everyone but when you need something people that you have helped scatter like cockroaches in the light. People like us get worn out by this and we break. Most of us come back pretty soon but there are some that once this has happened the refuse to go back to that nice person that showed care and compassion for other people, but never got that in return. It really hurts. Some people like me refuse to be hurt repeatedly and as a form of defense decide to hurt people before they have a chance to be hurt and decide to be the ones controlling the situations. What is funny, we are acting to other people exactly how those people treat us. They think we have gone crazy…. No I am just treating you how you treat me. Doesn’t feel good does it?

I am not saying you have treated your friend poorly but jumping to drugs is not necessarily the right answer, although it may be. And if you approach it like that and it isn’t then it may cause the situation to be worse. Just talk to him. Don’t mention the drug thing, but say that you are concerned about his change in behavior. That you love and care for him and the person he used to be is not around anymore and you wonder where your great friend has gone and if he will return. The thing you have to be prepared for, if it isn’t drugs, he may have consciously decided to change his personality. If that is the case, the person you used to know may be gone for ever.

Back