How can you say I am not who I say I am without knowing me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebadee2010

Reaction score
This thread is a thread where I hope we can have a discussion and it not be closed. Hopefully since there is not a topic we won't get off topic.
Deaffy, PFH, jillio, all welcome here. Not trying to fight, mostly trying to make you believe what I said and get to know you a little more..

Maybe we can be friends after a few days discussion.

Way toooooo many questionable things about you. Thats why our red flags are up.

huh?guess I missed something... :dunno:

Well over the past few days there have been 4 threads closed that all involved me, deaffy, jillio, and PFH. Hoping this one won't be closed.

Why do you have to start this attention grabbing thread in the general section that only pertains to a couple people? :sure:

I'll start:

There was a poster who got bitter towards his tenure as an AD member. Hearing parent of a deaf child whose CI failed.

Key similarities:
  • He works as an IT dude. You claim to be able to pull a fast one around the mods here if you had a banned username.
  • Has a grudge against two certain posters here on AD
  • He also plays in a band as a drummer. Would signify another similarity in the fact you both are into music.
  • After we said you were RD, you went very quiet, and all of a sudden became VERY NICE. Especially after putting out an extensive amount of verbal diarrhea in that one thread...
  • Endless backing by the trio even after spouting audist statements.

If you want cooperation - I'd suggest you to SIT BACK and hear what we have to say. Don't be saying things like we're missing out. Will you tell that to a handicapped person? Blind person? It's rude.

Don't say things about things you have no knowledge about; such as ASL is ineffective. We did not bring that upon you, you said it without reason. We didnt even suggest ASL... That was another "WTF" moment looking like it was out to provoke us.

Lastly: read things as they are said, not inserting your own feelings in it. If you're as mature as you say... You'd chill and lay off the rudeness, then perhaps on your facebook page you'd have much nicer things to say about this site.

Why do you have to start this attention grabbing thread in the general section that only pertains to a couple people? :sure:

Well I didn't think it belonged in Cochlear Implants. Although they may pop up. But stay if you want to. I don't mind.

Quoted from PostsFromHell
I'll start:

There was a poster who got bitter towards his tenure as an AD member. Hearing parent of a deaf child whose CI failed.

Key similarities:
  • He works as an IT dude. You claim to be able to pull a fast one around the mods here if you had a banned username. I still feel that way. Not that I want to be banned or anything.
  • Has a grudge against two certain posters here on AD Grudge against one. Dislike of the other.
  • He also plays in a band as a drummer. Would signify another similarity in the fact you both are into music. I don't play in a band, or drums. I do really love music though.
  • After we said you were RD, you went very quiet, and all of a sudden became VERY NICE. Especially after putting out an extensive amount of verbal diarrhea in that one thread... I don't remember when you first called me RD. But if it was the night the server went down, I went to bed. If it was a different night I don't know why I went quite. But I don't think I could have said anything to make ya'll think I wasn't this RD. At first I thought it was an insult. (RD=Retarded Deafy or Ruthless Dipshit?)

If you want cooperation - I'd suggest you to SIT BACK and hear what we have to say. Don't be saying things like we're missing out. Will you tell that to a handicapped person? Blind person? It's rude. I will agree that it is rude. I should also say i don't know how else I could/would have put that. It still doesn't mean that a handicapped or blind person isn't missing out.

Don't say things about things you have no knowledge about; such as ASL is ineffective. We did not bring that upon you, you said it without reason. We didnt even suggest ASL... That was another "WTF" moment looking like it was out to provoke us. I may have brought up ASL. But I also said that I wasn't interested in learning it, primarily because I am getting a CI, secondly because it would mean I have to choose a whole different career.

Lastly: read things as they are said, not inserting your own feelings in it. If you're as mature as you say... You'd chill and lay off the rudeness, then perhaps on your facebook page you'd have much nicer things to say about this site. Will Try.

I am sad.. I am a scrub compared to you guy's when it comes to FB friend's lol

I'll start:

Key similarities:
  • He works as an IT dude. You claim to be able to pull a fast one around the mods here if you had a banned username.
  • Has a grudge against two certain posters here on AD
  • He also plays in a band as a drummer. Would signify another similarity in the fact you both are into music.
  • After we said you were RD, you went very quiet, and all of a sudden became VERY NICE. Especially after putting out an extensive amount of verbal diarrhea in that one thread...
  • Endless backing by the trio even after spouting audist statements.

If you want cooperation - I'd suggest you to SIT BACK and hear what we have to say. Don't be saying things like we're missing out. Will you tell that to a handicapped person? Blind person? It's rude.

Don't say things about things you have no knowledge about; such as ASL is ineffective. We did not bring that upon you, you said it without reason. We didnt even suggest ASL... That was another "WTF" moment looking like it was out to provoke us.

Lastly: read things as they are said, not inserting your own feelings in it. If you're as mature as you say... You'd chill and lay off the rudeness, then perhaps on your facebook page you'd have much nicer things to say about this site.

Good feedback on the bolded part.

It is very easy to say the things you said above.. Just apply them to yourself.

Ie: I dont think ASL will be efficient for me. instead of "ASL is not efficient"

THAT was what started the whole thing, a "noob" coming in and spouting things he doesnt know about.

It is very easy to say the things you said above.. Just apply them to yourself.

Ie: I dont think ASL will be efficient for me. instead of "ASL is not efficient"

THAT was what started the whole thing, a "noob" coming in and spouting things he doesnt know about.

If you were newly deafened, just starting college, would you not act the same way?

EDIT: I am still a noob to the whole deaf thing. Might be why I only have ideas of ASL and why I don't know about them.

Well I didn't think it belonged in Cochlear Implants. Although they may pop up. But stay if you want to. I don't mind.

Hmm, after reading a few of the responses in this thread and getting the gist of the little soiree you've been having, I'd suggest you take a seat and have a cup of STFU before you post some thread where you want to hug and make up. Read more before you comment on subjects of which you have no experience, and don't act all hurt that people have responded to you the way they have. YOU DESERVE IT.

I will say PFH that is very good advice. But I feel that Zee need's time to adjust to his new life. He like myself am still new to how Deaf define their culture. I do see how some of what Zee has said could seem offensive to some on here. But I would imagine educating someone about his/her wrongdoings and explaining this to them would be better than questioning their education or lack thereof. When that happens it opens up alot of emotion's in alot of people. That's my.02

If you were newly deafened, just starting college, would you not act the same way?

EDIT: I am still a noob to the whole deaf thing. Might be why I only have ideas of ASL and why I don't know about them.

The reason I have high expectations is because I have several late deafened friends and they're doing just fine. One of them is also even doing music! She also uses ASL, married a deaf guy.
Mandy Harvey :: Jazz Vocalist

Last I know, they didnt hit up forums and be all gung-ho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back