How can you remove...

BabyAngel

Reaction score
I need your help....

I want to know how to remove those three files that called "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" softwares. I tried to look at my computer files but can't find them. I want to delete them because I was cleaning my computer files and do adware scan, found three of them.

re-boot, hit "F8", select to "Safe Mode", windows now, you remove it

you cannot use regedit, it will damgae all windows and software

please give me full two message "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"

BabyAngel said:
I need your help....

I want to know how to remove those three files that called "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" softwares. I tried to look at my computer files but can't find them. I want to delete them because I was cleaning my computer files and do adware scan, found three of them.

U look pretty.

Sorry

Tell me what name of three files.

*hope not aurora*

No, you would not want to remove the whole registery or your computer will be screwed. Use hijack and tell us the log you got and we'll see what we can do.

I use adware without registry, but I do have a virus protection. The virus protection didn't take those three files up. When I scanned the adware to clean the computer, it showed three files. I didn't want to mess up my computer, but want to remove them.

They are Dope Wars, Xupiter, W32.LovgateAD (Types - RegKey and RegValue)

BabyAngel said:
I use adware without registry, but I do have a virus protection. The virus protection didn't take those three files up. When I scanned the adware to clean the computer, it showed three files. I didn't want to mess up my computer, but want to remove them.

They are Dope Wars, Xupiter, W32.LovgateAD (Types - RegKey and RegValue)

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.lovgate.removal.tool.html

W32.lovgate is easy one.

http://www.spyany.com/program/article_ad_rm_Xupiter_Toolbar.html

Xupiter
You need disable startup from msconfig then reboot then go to cmd.

Follow these instructions to manually remove it from your computer:

Open Dos command prompt window (from Start > Programs > Accessory ).
Enter the following three commands:
regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files\Xupiter\Updates\XupiterToolbar.dll"
regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files\Xupiter\Updates\XTUpdate.dll"
regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files\Xupiter\Updates\XTSearch.dll"
Open the Registry Editor (Click Start > Run, type 'regedit' ).
Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
In the right pane, delete the entry with the name Xupiter.
Reboot your computer
Delete the Xupiter directory from C:\Program Files
Reset your home page.
Start Internet Explorer, then click "Tools > Internet Options" while in Internet Explorer
Click the "Programs" tab and click the "Reset web settings" button, then click the "OK" button to exit and save

Dope wars.. Not sure and try this.
http://labs.paretologic.com/spyware.aspx?remove=Dope Wars

Pretty much correct... ONLY if you know what your doing. Because deleting just one file can make you can't boot to windows!

rhr said:

diehardbiker65 said:
Pretty much correct... ONLY if you know what your doing. Because deleting just one file can make you can't boot to windows!

No, I mean Anglebaby use adware scan can't remove that need go safe mode, try adware scan remove it

you are correct if delete two regedit, it will be gone, won't work, I told her not use regedit, only two show me first

Does anyone here reads my threads? I think I know more than most of people here.

Angel, use HiJack (If you need the link to download, I'll be happy to provide you one, ask me) and scan the whole computer, post a log here and I'll look at it and help you.

That's okay, thanks everybody for helping me out!!! I finally got those stupid three registry out! YAY!!!! Again, thanks so much!!!

use Ad-Aware

and u dont need delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE OR HKEY_USER

cos they are ur registry keys

rhr said:

Yep, those names you mentioned are part of Regedit. You definitely do not want to mess with it if you do not know what you're doing. Removing one file could corrupt the entire Windows operating system. :eek:

I'm familiar with Regedit and only edit parts on my own such as changing the Internet Explorer background and other stuff. ;)

VamPyroX said:
Yep, those names you mentioned are part of Regedit. You definitely do not want to mess with it if you do not know what you're doing. Removing one file could corrupt the entire Windows operating system. :eek:

I'm familiar with Regedit and only edit parts on my own such as changing the Internet Explorer background and other stuff. ;)

I AM PC AND NETWORK TECHICIAN I am work 8 year at bulding 10+ server and 300+ computers, you son't know. I know many windows, server, network, Security, Unix, LInux, etc. I many fixed hardware and software. I never crash my life, i got awards at Washington D.C.

rhr said:
I AM PC AND NETWORK TECHICIAN I am work 8 year at bulding 10+ server and 300+ computers, you son't know. I know many windows, server, network, Security, Unix, LInux, etc. I many fixed hardware and software. I never crash my life, i got awards at Washington D.C.

Yea... my question.. have you ever experienced whenever you found out someone's computer which has malcious and you are about to fix like remove ie: sjaasxsw.exe from MSConfig under Startup.. And still coming back in every boot, what can you do? (Of course, normally, they tend to re-create filenames right after reboot..) :P Also, can you STOP sjaasxsw.exe in Task Manager although, they kept re-creating another new filename ie: xyklasoa.exe? Even though, they are still re-creating in Registry if you plan to remove some odd filename in Registry.. (These filenames aren't real, I made these up..) I'm just curious to see if you are able to fix and kill it..? Been done with that many times and of course, it's annoyed but easy to fix THAN reformat.. Ya know, I love challenge and get rid of piece of shit malcious.. Just remind ya, no, I don't tend to use Spyware software cuz it doesn't pretty much helpful!! :type:

kurtcs said:
Yea... my question.. have you ever experienced whenever you found out someone's computer which has malcious and you are about to fix like remove ie: sjaasxsw.exe from MSConfig under Startup.. And still coming back in every boot, what can you do? (Of course, normally, they tend to re-create filenames right after reboot..) :P Also, can you STOP sjaasxsw.exe in Task Manager although, they kept re-creating another new filename ie: xyklasoa.exe? Even though, they are still re-creating in Registry if you plan to remove some odd filename in Registry.. (These filenames aren't real, I made these up..) I'm just curious to see if you are able to fix and kill it..? Been done with that many times and of course, it's annoyed but easy to fix THAN reformat.. Ya know, I love challenge and get rid of piece of shit malcious.. Just remind ya, no, I don't tend to use Spyware software cuz it doesn't pretty much helpful!! :type:

Yeah. It's happen to my coworker's computer and it was aurora. It's kee remake new files once i delete it. I found it out it was hide in explorer.exe from regedit. I just like no way!

Back