How can I be approved for the Postwhores?

its bloody cold here, highs only in the lower 40s tomorrow and Im considering buying myself a new coat as the one I has last year is now too big for me because I lost 60 pounds!

its bloody cold here, highs only in the lower 40s tomorrow and Im considering buying myself a new coat as the one I has last year is now too big for me because I lost 60 pounds!

60 pounds is a lot. Your old coat won't keep you warm, it will let in cold air if so much too big.

Lot of folks here are falling to S.A.D.

Yep. I think I might have SAD, but my therapist thinks the autumn and winter months are "triggers" for my Bipolar. (i.e. the cold, cloudy weather causes my depressive episodes)

I'm going to see a new psychiatrist soon (one whose office is closer to where I live) and when I do, I'm going to ask him/her to evaluate me for SAD.

I get severely depressed this time of year (my depression lasts from October-March) and think it's something more than a "trigger" for my Bipolar.

Next year I plan to move to Arizona and know it will do wonders for my moods.

Here in Wisconsin we're going on day #8 without any sun. It's so d*mn depressing... :mad2:

I wish I could see a light box so I could feel better.

Here in Wisconsin we're going on day #8 without any sun. It's so d*mn depressing... :mad2:

I wish I could see a light box so I could feel better.

I thought it was light like the sun rays and absorbed by skin? If it is just seeing it, I wonder if the effect is just psychosomatic?

Someone here probably knows more about this.

I thought it was light like the sun rays and absorbed by skin? If it is just seeing it, I wonder if the effect is just psychosomatic?

Someone here probably knows more about this.

It has been proven that people who suffer from SAD, major depression and Bipolar have better moods when they look at a light box for as little as 30 minutes a day. I'm not sure what the effects are on the skin and if they make any noticeable difference in mood, but now you've got me curious. I'm going to ask my pdoc (psychiatrist) and tdoc (therapist) about this. :)

Where will you go? South, or west?

Any place that is warm 24/7 :cool2:

r SAD.

I get severely depressed this time of year (my depression lasts from October-March) and think it's something more than a "trigger" for my Bipolar.

Next year I plan to move to Arizona and know it will do wonders for my moods.

Man that sucks. I dont have SAD but sometime I lost motivation or interest of what I am doing. Going to gym helped me to stay positive and have energy despite lacking of solar power.

You will like Arizona as there is big deaf community down there.

Any place that is warm 24/7 :cool2:

Man that sucks. I dont have SAD but sometime I lost motivation or interest of what I am doing. Going to gym helped me to stay positive and have energy despite lacking of solar power.

You will like Arizona as there is big deaf community down there.

Yeah, the depression *does* suck. Big time. Even when I'm on meds, I still have problems with depression, but that's not uncommon for people who have Bipolar.

I know what it's like to lose motivation and interest. I always feel that way when I'm having a depressive episode.

I'm glad to hear Arizona has a large Deaf community. I'm planning to move to either Tempe or Tucson.

I'm going to see if Jillio knows anything about light boxes and their overall effect on the skin. After I hear back from her, I'll let you know what I find out.

Back