hospital stay

Well actually "Kelly" can be either a guy's name or a girl's name, so we still don't know if her Dr. is a man or woman.

True.

I am so sure about a female doctor. :giggle: If she lives in NY then it s hard to tell between female or male due to irish name for both sexes. Arizona isn not too common for irish people to live there. :hmm: hahah my silly.

It was a special program to assign interpreters who are used in hospitals and some were moms themselves.

Oh make sure the bed sheets for the cribs have a cover over the waterproof. the kind that rust and make noise easily.

I live in the phoenix valley. What is the baby watch program?

I am sorry you feel that way. I do have good faith with her doctors who will do anything possible the best things for her. I had a complicated issue with my pregancy with my kids and they are OK. She is going to be OK.

Indeed, risk everything. But have faith.

Sorry , but I find it hard to be excited about a 14 yo having a baby.

Sorry , but I find it hard to be excited about a 14 yo having a baby.

She understands the consequences, and she is willing to take care of her little baby. It is not very common for that age but it did happen. She is lucky that her parents are willing to support her in any way. I know theere are a long roads for her. The best thing is to focus on present as what she is trying her best to finish school, and she hopes to continue through college. I think she can do it with her good supports from her parents.

Of course, being parent is not easy, at any ages such as sacrifice for lots of free times in many things at the different level of age.

She understands the consequences, and she is willing to take care of her little baby. It is not very common for that age but it did happen. She is lucky that her parents are willing to support her in any way. I know theere are a long roads for her. The best thing is to focus on present as what she is trying her best to finish school, and she hopes to continue through college. I think she can do it with her good supports from her parents.

Of course, being parent is not easy, at any ages such as sacrifice for lots of free times in many things at the different level of age.

I do understand, I know it will be hard, harder than I think right now, harder than anything I've done. But I'm going to do it, and with my parents help for the next few years. I'm determined to finish high school and go to college, and i will do it.

Thank you for your support

Frisky and some of the others gave you great advice. I was going to say the same thing as well.

I do understand, I know it will be hard, harder than I think right now, harder than anything I've done. But I'm going to do it, and with my parents help for the next few years. I'm determined to finish high school and go to college, and i will do it.

Thank you for your support

I can see by the way you talk that you are smart. I know you can do it. I know you will love this baby like you have never loved before. It's an amazing feeling seeing your baby for the first time and the burst of love you will feel.

We all are rooting for you and hoping for the best. Hope you will update us along the way.

I was just thinking ...
Perhaps you could ask at the hospital and see if you might be able to do some supervised volunteer work at the hospital where you're going to deliver (starting as soon as possible).

It might be a fantastic chance for you both to learn some baby-care skills (so you'll be better prepared) as well as a chance for the hospital staff to get to know you before you deliver.

It's a "win-win" opportunity.

Just an idea - even if it's just a few hours a month.

I will talk with them, my school counselor gave me information on a program called TOPS for teen parents. Going to talk to them after school.

Tops has parenting classes, and a place to exchange stuff for the baby. Looks like a good thing for me!

I would definitely get an interpreter for your delivery, recovery and doctor's rounds plus lactation consultant if you're breastfeeding. Sometimes your parents may not be there because they will need to sleep and eat too. You may get frustrated with them at some point and need your parents to step away to give you space, but you'll still need to communicate with the doctors and nurses. I honestly think that it would be best if you arrange for an interpreter for your entire visit. Have them there for your labor, even if it is 24 hours that you need them for, and have them during the day after the baby is born. It's just extra help to make things go smoothly that you might not know you need until you're there.

Back