Horse Meat Found At Taco Bell

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
It isn't in the US.

LONDON (AP) — Food safety officials say they have found traces of horse meat in ground beef sold by fast food restaurant Taco Bell in Britain, where the chain has only three outlets.

The Food Standards Agency says horse DNA also was found in Birds Eye spaghetti Bolognese and beef lasagna and spicy minced beef skewers from catering supplier Brakes.

Horse meat has recently been found in beef dishes across Europe, including in frozen supermarket dishes and restaurants, school and hospital meals.

Authorities say the fraudulent labeling poses no health risk, but the scandal has drawn attention to the complex supply chain for meat products.

The Food Standards Agency said Friday it had tested more than 5,400 products in Britain, and more than 99 percent were clear of horse.

Horse Meat Found At Taco Bell In UK

not only horse donkey aswel..thank god i veggie....they making big fuss about horse burgers but happy to eat larry lamb daisy cow and porky pig...

Wirelessly posted

Meat is meat, as long as it is edible. I do think consumers have a right to know what they are purchasing by having proper labels.

Last edited:
i agree put donkey or horse on lables...been going on for years that food company taste like crap when i use eat meat

I would be extremely pissed off if the Taco Bell in U.S. and Canada put horse or donkey meat in taco shells not as advertised or labeled.

LOL, this officially makes me never want fast food again! Cravings gone for good.

Wirelessly posted

I remember in the 80s Mcdonalds was accused of having horsemeat in their burger.

Yep, I convinced a lot of people that the dumpster enclosures were where the horses were killed. :lol:

I can just hear Hopalong Cassidy and Gene Autry now.........:lol:

Still, fast foods should have more healthy food.

Example:
156454_335764433201999_1291842441_n.png

For years....people have commented to me that the Krystal was horsemeat....and I thinking it was just a joke.....:hmm:....

So, we eat Turkeys,,pigs,,cows...squireels...and what have you....guessing a little horsemeat ain't gonna hurt nobody...still I would want to know....what I'm eating...but in reality we never really do!

Horse? I thought it's normal for England.

Remember their quote?

"Horse! Horse! A Kingdom for a horse!"

Back