Honor Killing

Yes, I know it's terrible! unfortunately, it is still prevalent around the world especially in the Middle East. You should read the author named Jean Sassoon. She's a fantastic writer and she wrote a story from which the Princess of Saudi Arabia talked about honour killing and women oppression. Very interestin reading it was. :|

Such a sad thing when some kind of different religious believes in their rights...

But so sad to read about it.. My mil would probably throw a fits...

Wendy

It's sad about those cultural beliefs. :( I just hope that Turkey will eventually put a stop to those 'honour' killings to rectify their family names.

I hate that those things happen... even though we know they are ridiculous and cruel towards another human being. Though, I hate to get a bit new agey or philosophical or religious, there's always a life blueprint full of contracts that every soul has made with each other to play dark or light roles for the purpose of self growth.. AKA God's plan AKA everything happens for a reason. IMO, anyway!

I hate that innocent people suffer - whether religion based or not, it's just plain HORRIBLE!!

The Turks are a vile and despicable culture, incapable of redemption. Even Nazi Germany was a more enlightened state than modern day Turkey. Don’t expect their subhuman mentality to change any time this century. They should be considered as much an enemy to the free world as North Korea or Saddam Hussein’s fallen regime.

:eek2: Sad and stupid at the same time.. what makes it even more sad was that girl went through so much, being kidnapped and raped.. only to have her own father kill her just because her family's name lost its honor.. those kinds of things make me so mad.. that poor girl. :(

Hopefully, more attention will be drawn to these "Honor" killings and somehow end them..

Back