Homeowner killed the fleeing female burglar

Why not? I saw the sign like this in my neighborhood.

Why not? Well, I figure if it's not good enough for you it's not good enough to recommend to other people.

As for me, I am not a homeowner so I am not gonna pay for the system to be installed permanently which I can't take with me when I move out per rent policy. However, I think I make a good recommendation for homeowners who want their homes secured.
Do burglars break into only owned homes and not rentals? Are the families and possessions of renters not as important?

Renters don't want or need their homes secured?

Feel the vibration when an intruder tiptoes into my bedroom? :lol: You think they make noises like that while you are sleeping. They don't know that you are deaf, even though they try to keep it quiet. Anyway, they can take your things on the first floor while you are sleeping on the second floor. When you wake up and notice that things are missing, you cry and think "damn I had a gun under my pillow so what's the use? I better get ADT back!".
Well, you don't have ADT either. What makes you special?

BTW, the burglars notice that you don't have ADT but your neighbors do.

That's your choice. Homeowner's insurance will cover stolen items anyway. If your computer/laptop is stolen, uh-oh, your personal info, etc is there and it can be hacked.
I don't know what kind of insurance you have but most people have deductibles that have to come out of pocket. There's also the possibility that the premiums will increase after a claim. Also, some items are irreplaceable. Finally, insurance can never replace a loved one.

Alarm works 24/7. Gun no...you are deaf so how can you hear them breaking in? Bang bang your head while you are sleeping. DUH!

Obviously, you never live in rural area.

Just other anti-gun ignorant who got paid by Feinstein.

If I move to CA, I will have guns, PERIOD and you aren't going change me because I have constitutional rights to arm the gun for my protection.

Feel free to call CHP or LA Sheriff all you want but they can't do anything if I don't break any laws.

Why not? Well, I figure if it's not good enough for you it's not good enough to recommend to other people.

Do burglars break into only owned homes and not rentals? Are the families and possessions of renters not as important?

Renters don't want or need their homes secured?

In here and Texas, there are a lot of rental communities got break in all time.

Wow, your showing lack of respect one's choice where to live!

I'm going invite CP to ride with me so I can dump him in Missouri, so tell CP to call Sono for help.

CP doesn't respect our constitutional rights and his face needs a lot of rollin coal.

Alarm works 24/7. Gun no...you are deaf so how can you hear them breaking in? Bang bang your head while you are sleeping. DUH!

The rural communities don't have reliable internet and satellite internet isn't good as well, also sheriff take FOREVER to response.

The guns are STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for rural communities and they have very higher gun ownership.

Seriously, I live in rural community and guns are very special tradition in our area, so don't spread your ignorant to anyone.

There's a few issues with the case: he was robbed before numerous times and physically assaulted (according to some sources) during the invasion; he's 80 and being used as a favorite hunting ground by these people just robbing him at will and the police have done nothing to protect him. Was she pregnant or just lying? She could have been lying and being sarcastic because she thought an 80 year old couldn't do anything about it. We don't know how she said it or the tone so we can't assume anything. Clearly she was wrong about pushing someone this far. However as a gun owner, shooting someone in the back fleeing isn't a strong case. If his lawyer can make a case about the numerous times he was robbed and the affect it had on him emotionally, it may work in his favor. When you own guns, you have to know the right time to use it: when they're in the act of robbing and facing you - not running and shooting them in the back - it's just a weak defense. I do feel for the man but I think it's important for people to realize, we're not getting the whole story in the papers - just a lot of "he said, she said."

I remember in a law class I took reading about a man that was robbed numerous times and the cops did nothing. He built something so when the robber tried coming through the roof again, he was electrocuted and died as a result. The case stemmed on that there was no warning sign for intruders (ironic, huh?) but in the end he was acquitted because the police failed to protect him and it had a financial and emotional impact. This is what the case will hinge on for self defense.

Laura

"The 80-year-old homeowner says one of the fleeing burglars, a woman, shouted, "I'm pregnant!" He shot her twice, killing her.

The woman was not pregnant, Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN on Friday."
She was not pregnant and if she was pregnant and broke into someone house that had a been robbed a number of times and they shot and killed , it was the woman fault that both she and her baby is dead. If she had gun on a cop and yelled she was pregnant I really doubt the cop would put his gun down.

"The 80-year-old homeowner says one of the fleeing burglars, a woman, shouted, "I'm pregnant!" He shot her twice, killing her.

The woman was not pregnant, Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office told CNN on Friday."
She was not pregnant and if she was pregnant and broke into someone house that had a been robbed a number of times and they shot and killed , it was the woman fault that both she and her baby is dead. If she had gun on a cop and yelled she was pregnant I really doubt the cop would put his gun down.

That's very unfortunate situation for mindless criminal. :(

Wait a minute...(breathing) Do you know what the home security is for? If your home has been burglarized, get one right away! How many homes in a town? How many cops in that town? You are crazy to expect a cop to watch your home every single day. When you report it to cops, they tell you to get a home security if you don't want it to happen again!

ADT Home Security - Current Offers

Most of my neighbors have it. If DHB says that he doesn't need it because he has guns, what if he's not home? PFFFT!
They broke into the shed in my backyard.

Again, the bikes, lawn mowers and other stuff that got stolen from the shed aren't worth paying the $500 deductible and having our insurance premiums go up.

Right

Same concept as several years ago when we had severe thunderstorm strike fast and hard in our area. One of poor tree was ripped, possible hit by lightning and yeah we got black out. That poor tree fell on my house and did minor damage (Thank God!). My insurance would cover removal of that tree as long as I pay $500 out of my pocket to begin with, and expect insurance premium to shot up afterwards. What did I do? All I did was go to home depot and bought a 300 dollars chain saw, cut down that poor tree and gave to friend of mine for firewood cause he helped me drop that poor tree. I ended up saved $200+ by avoiding the claim. I ended up got great ROI (Returns On Investment) on chain saw because I now use chain saw to harvest firewood for my own stove.

Sometimes making claim on insurance isn't a bright idea.

Again, the bikes, lawn mowers and other stuff that got stolen from the shed aren't worth paying the $500 deductible and having our insurance premiums go up.

Back