Homemade dog biscuits?

webexplorer

Reaction score
Do you have some recipes for dog biscuit? Does your dog loves your homemade dog biscuits?

I need a recipe because my sister is going to bring a puppy (Jack Russell). I told her that I did not need another dog right now. But, it was too late that she already adopted her two days ago in South Carolina. She will be driving and bring her to me in Connecticut on Sunday. I am worried that the puppy might be confused who is the owner, and I have to do something that she would love me ever more. I was told that the healthy puppy was at a rescued dog pound with overcrowded adult dogs (most adults with three legs). Fortunately, a woman did not put her to sleep two days ago. Oh boy!

My sister has ten horses and a dog. I told her that her dog might want the puppy to be a part of the family. She didn't answer my question on my email. I have a 3 1/2 years old dog, and I pray that she would accept her to be her sister again. She lost her 4-years-old sister last January.

webexplorer

Congratulations!!!! :D I am sure that your dog will love new puppy as same you!

Just search Google and many Homemade dog biscuit recipes!

Good luck!

Congratulations!!!! :D I am sure that your dog will love new puppy as same you!

Just search Google and many Homemade dog biscuit recipes!

Good luck!

Thanks! I will try to find some good homemade biscuits on Google. :D

congrats on new puppy webexplorer!

There ARE tons of recipes in 'Net for homemade dog food/treats. I use raw meat and/or bones for most things <my dogs are raw> so I haven't memorized names of sites for that, but I know you can find them. Good general health sites are: American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association; www.dogaware.com; www.dogfoodproject.com; www.WholeDogJournal.com; and Monica Segal's site.
When looking at recipes, either try and avoid ones with sugar, especially white, or change out white sugar for raw sugar, evaporated sugar cane juice, raw honey, molasses or ideally something like agave. Try to avoid those with white flour and vegetable oil, both of which are very refined products; look most for recipes with whole grains if you are going to use grains and MEAT - not "meat-flavored", or broth, but actual animal protein IN the treat, and a good amount of it.

congrats on new puppy webexplorer!

There ARE tons of recipes in 'Net for homemade dog food/treats. I use raw meat and/or bones for most things <my dogs are raw> so I haven't memorized names of sites for that, but I know you can find them. Good general health sites are: American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association; www.dogaware.com; www.dogfoodproject.com; www.WholeDogJournal.com; and Monica Segal's site.
When looking at recipes, either try and avoid ones with sugar, especially white, or change out white sugar for raw sugar, evaporated sugar cane juice, raw honey, molasses or ideally something like agave. Try to avoid those with white flour and vegetable oil, both of which are very refined products; look most for recipes with whole grains if you are going to use grains and MEAT - not "meat-flavored", or broth, but actual animal protein IN the treat, and a good amount of it.

I didn't realize that. I just found out that my puppy is about five months old. Do you think that it would be okay for her age to eat raw foods? I haven't met my new puppy yet... until tomorrow.

JRT puppies are easily adapt to other pets, but once JRT gets older, they get more territorial and gets harder to get along with others (Animals).

I have JRT, and JRT/PUG and they both got along together because JRT/PUG's mother is that JRT.

JRT are NOT stupid, trust me, they figure few things out themselve, our JRT knew how to open the door!, Knew how to get out of tent with zipper being closed! They get jumpy at times when they get excited. Barks only when needed like seeing other human or animals, they barks. If nothing they just quiet.

Finally JRT likes to sleep alot, and requires under blankets!

Cute, eh?

Congratulations and good luck

i bought my German Shepherd some homemade treats and she got diarrhea no more for her

hi webexplorer,

I always strongly suggest a holistic vet especially with puppies and raw meat and bones because you have to REALLY balance out the calcium/phosphorous needs with puppies. Go to American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association to find a holistic vet near you in if u in U.S. Traditional vets <those that don't specify as "holistic", or "homeopathic" or "raw-diet friendly"> don't have the wide background in overall nutrition that holistic vets do; traditional vets are not at all schools required to take any courses in nutrition and often when they do those classes are taught by the makers of the big processed foods and and the focus is on farm animals, which are mostly grazers or omnivores. Dogs and cats are technically carnivores and in the long run tend NOT to do well on processed, grain-based food. IF done VERY carefully, especially with puppies who were not weaned raw, puppies can easily eat raw meat and bones that are sized for them and IF you, the owner, WATCHES them all the time when they are eating it. Young puppies are started out with either ground raw meat or things like raw chicken necks. But again, look at those other websites I put down and find a holistic vet near you before you do anything, or AT LEAST a very experienced raw feeder who has SPECIFICALLY fed PUPPIES raw. Read a lot about it and find out lots of information before you do raw with a puppy.

I found this in my inbox...and glad I did not delete it. :)

I hope your love one loves it! I will try it one day but need get few items to make them. :)

Fido will love chomping on these tasty & healthy treats!

biscuit dough:
dog cookies 1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water

glaze:
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons milk

1. Preheat the oven to 275°.
2. In a large bowl: combine the flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, peanut butter, vegetable oil, honey, baking powder and water.
3. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4. Roll the dough out to a ½-inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheets.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the egg and milk. Brush the glaze on the biscuits.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans, and bake for an additional 20 - 30 minutes, until biscuits are golden and firm.

Webexplorer

Busy Daddy?? :giggle: How was puppy and post pictures? :hyper:

Back