Hockey

racheleggert

Reaction score
Hey peeps, I wonder do anyone in AD community likes NHL (National Hockey League, pro hockey)? I like MINNESOTA WILD!!!!! You can go to www.wild.com.. I met the guy who owns the team last year at a rally... I have pic of him somewhere..

Before they moved to Dallas, it used to be Minnesota North Stars.. they still sell old North Star jerserys at Hockey Lodge at Mall of America and Xcel Energy Center (where Wild plays). I never forget when Norm Green decided to take North Star to Dallas, we was really mad. We lived without hockey for 8 years until my friend, who was Mayor of St. Paul bought hockey back to our state.... Now I am glad that we have a hockey team here!!! North Stars used to play at Met Center (was demolished in 1994, now just parking lot for Mall of America) then they moved to old St. Paul Civic Center (it was demolished in 1997). Xcel Energy Center or "X" was built on same site where old civic center was sitting. Lucky Minneapolis didn't steal hockey from St. Paul, if it happens then they would play at Target Center, where NBA team Minnesota Timberwolves and WNBA team Lynx plays. For some who don't know... St. Paul and Minneapolis always hate eachother and they alwys try to compete for things like right now they are fighting over where new stadium for Minnesota Twins would be.. If I ever run into St. Paul and Minneapolis mayors (if they are at events together) I will tell them they better grow up and make up!!!! If they want me to work on their re election campaigm, they better get along, no more fighting!!!

I used to be a big (and I mean big) Pens fan. I still am deep down inside, but I'm waiting for them to rebuild their team. I guess I can forgive them for trading all my favorite players away. Recently I had been a fan of the Caps, because I've loved the way Lang plays, ever since the Pens, and I love watching Jagr. Also, since playing defence is my favorite position, I've always admired Gonchar. Now Jagr is gone, and the Caps are way down at the bottom of the league.
I guess now I should just cheer for Toronto... since I live there. GO LEAFS GO.

Back