Highest number of Foreclosures is in California

In addition to what Jackie said, not only people are foolish to get high mortgages but people also have taken loans that are not on a fixed rate..like balloon loans with fluxating interest rates so these people get stuck with a mortgage payment twice as much as their first mortgage payment in a year or so.

Deafilmedia said:
But the salary is too low in California.

Serious? I thought California is an expensive place to live yet how can they afford paying their house mortgage or living there if the salaries are so low?..

You are wrong salaries are not too low. Yes, houses are expensive usually too expensive but our salaries are really good. I am a teacher. I have checked other states and with the education I have and the amount of years I have been teaching I make more in CA then 45 other states in the US. Also my husband did not go college and he makes close to $20.00 an hour. He works in a warehouse. It is expensive to live CA but it is a beautiful state with so much to do.

Close to $20.00 an hour? Wow, any chance they're hiring?...:giggle:

Serious? I thought California is an expensive place to live yet how can they afford paying their house mortgage or living there if the salaries are so low?..

Not sure if DFM is generalizing to all jobs in CA but u are right. Not all jobs have low salaries. My cousin earns like a half a million dollars a year so I think that is a good salary to have to be able to afford the cost of living in CA, wouldnt it? I wish I earned that much!!! LOL!

Close to $20.00 an hour? Wow, any chance they're hiring?...:giggle:

Here in MD, I know many people without college degrees that make around $27 an hour.

One deaf guy in Florida who only has a certificate was making $65 an hour before he got laid off. It really depends on the job.

Not sure if DFM is generalizing to all jobs in CA but u are right. Not all jobs have low salaries. My cousin earns like a half a million dollars a year so I think that is a good salary to have to be able to afford the cost of living in CA, wouldnt it? I wish I earned that much!!! LOL!

Say what? half a million dollars a year?....I think I'm gonna to fainted :|

I wish I could earn that much myself too...that's ALOT!!

Say what? half a million dollars a year?....I think I'm gonna to fainted :|

I wish I could earn that much myself too...that's ALOT!!

He is a genius..he invented something on the computer and got a job working for some movie production company. He and his team created the special effects on the movie "Twister". I am surprised he is not earning more!!! LOL!

Yea, I wonder what life would be like earning that much! That would be just a perfect salary for me. LOL!

Serious? WOW :speechless: I love the movie " Twister ", it was a good one...

He is a genius..he invented something on the computer and got a job working for some movie production company. He and his team created the special effects on the movie "Twister". I am surprised he is not earning more!!! LOL!

Yea, I wonder what life would be like earning that much! That would be just a perfect salary for me. LOL!

so... what is his name? you can pm me if you like if you can't say it on here.

13 best states to raise children...

1. New Jersey - Jerry Lewis, Costello & Abbott, and Frank Sinatra

2. Nebraska - President Gerald Rudolph Ford, Malcolm X

3. Alabama - Heather Whitestone, Jesse Owens

4. Mississippi - Oprah Winfrey, Faith Hill

5. Kentucky - Abraham Lincoln, Muhammad Ali

6. Oregon - Jane Powell, Sally Struthers, cartoonists Homer Davenport and Matt Groening

7. Tennessee - Albert Gore Jr., Morgan Freeman

8. New York - Millard Fillmore, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Anna Eleanor Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Martin Van Buren

9. Michigan - Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Francis Ford Coppola

10. Texas - Dwight David Eisenhower, Lyndon B. Johnson

11. Georgia - James E. Carter (Jimmy), Ray Charles, Hulk Hogan, Martin Luther King Jr.

12. Ohio - William H. Taft, William McKinley, Rutherford Hayes, Benjamin Harrison, James Abram Garfield, Ulysses Simpson Grant, Warren G. Harding

13. Illinois - Ronald Reagan, Walt Disney

California's minimum wage is lower than Washington state and California is more expensive place to live on average than Washington state. California's minimum wage is $6.75 per hour last time I heard. Washington state is $7.93 per hour and will raise to $8.07 per hour next year. If anyone who has lack of skill and lives off minimum wage in California, the chances you'll need several roommates to live in a expensive apartment.

So, the point why are you guys worrying about the wages. Alex has his own business and he will do just fine in California as long he can afford the rent in Orange County.

that is alex choice to go to california, he didn't say he will be in california like forever he did say he would only stay there a year to see how it goes that all

Somebody from Ontario said that he makes $8.00 an hour
at A&P Metro company.

And somebody from New York said she makes $8.00 an hour
at animal hospital.

so... what is his name? you can pm me if you like if you can't say it on here.

I seriously doubt he is famous. LOL! His name is Brian Taraci...let me know if my cousin is well known, famous or just another name in the masses. :giggle:

Michigan has pretty much highest ratio of foreclosures and population I've seen so far. My friend told me how bad the economy in Michigan....also, lots of people are trying to sell their homes so they can move out of Michigan to elsewhere and it's nearly impossible to sell their homes because not many want to move there. It's very cheap to buy homes there but there's really no job growth there. Many people move out of state and leave their house behind.
True. Many people from Michigan and Ohio have moved to this area of South Carolina. They tell us that there are no jobs there, and that they are having trouble selling their homes.

My Hubby is from Michigan, and his relatives still live there. They tell us about all the schools that are closing because the families have moved away. In our area of SC, it's the opposite. They can't build the schools fast enough. Each time a new one opens, they have to add trailer rooms, and then start building another one the next year.

Almost every week, our church has a new family visit from Michigan or Ohio. It's crazy.

True. Many people from Michigan and Ohio have moved to this area of South Carolina. They tell us that there are no jobs there, and that they are having trouble selling their homes.

My Hubby is from Michigan, and his relatives still live there. They tell us about all the schools that are closing because the families have moved away. In our area of SC, it's the opposite. They can't build the schools fast enough. Each time a new one opens, they have to add trailer rooms, and then start building another one the next year.

Almost every week, our church has a new family visit from Michigan or Ohio. It's crazy.

Wow! I am so used to growing up in fast-growing towns that cant build schools fast enough to meet the demand so this is new to me. Schools closing cuz of not enough students? Scary!

I seriously doubt he is famous. LOL! His name is Brian Taraci...let me know if my cousin is well known, famous or just another name in the masses. :giggle:

thank you.

aww, well when I was at film school in Burbank, California
I met many film creators and they aren't famous.
They are happy and financially well off.
Just like that man named Dan who worked for Spike Lee,
I forgot his full name.
It was pretty cool to meet people who are very talent and gifted.
Wow.

I have been to South Carolina with my 2 dogs.... the beach is so clean.
WOW!!! And the beach houses, WOW!!!
I forgot the city I went to, I remember Michael Johnson's momma lives or lived
there...

Fine, I guess I post on my own thread.

I feel that people go to California for no reason.
Increasing the house's price.
And making everything so darn expensive.
Making it hard for me to learn how to do film
and to see if I can get job there.
But people go to California for no reason.
They don't want to be on tv.
They don't want to work in film industry.
They don't want to be a singer.
They just wanna say, "Oooh, I saw this famous person".
But I saw more celebrities in Mississippi than they do in California.
Because of these houses' prices, people moving in, causing pollution,
many runaway teenagers go California and then turn prostitutes.
Many Mexicans come in and steal jobs.
Many Californians keep bragging about how cool to live in California.
I told my Uncle and Aunt, why be in California, when you're retired
and still paying the house's bills and mortgage loan.
And their firstborn worked in bank and her husband worked in post office.
And their 2nd daughter is house wife and her husband, a real estate agent.
Their 3rd daughter owns an adoption agency and her husband a teacher.
Their oldest son is a lawyer and his wife is a house wife.
Their younger son is a teacher and his wife is a teacher too.
But they don't have to be in California... they can do all of that in
Tennessee.
I wish people stop moving to California for no reason...
because they are causing the gas price go up, housing price go up, and
making other people's dream to sunk and making their life miserable.

I HOPE SOMEDAY FILM INDUSTRIES WOULD MOVE AWAY FROM CALIFORNIA
AND MOVE TO MISSISSIPPI. AND THAT WAY I CAN BE HAPPY.
AND I KNOW CALIFORNIANS WILL GET PISSED AND THEN MOVE TO MISSISSIPPI AND CAUSE HOUSES' PRICE TO GO UP AND STUFF.

OH WELL.

Back