High School Deaf

On the bold statement, if you are having problem with your hearing that you are not hearing very well since you are losing your hearing. I think you should visit the audiologist to have a hearing test and explain why you are losing your hearing. I think maybe you might have heard loud music which is common for young people when they are experiencing their hearing loss. I don't know if it is temporary or permanent. So that is why you need to see the audiologist and have a hearing test. After he finish with the hearing test, he will tell you what kind of hearing aid you want to wear so that you can hear sound better. There is nothing to be ashamed of wearing the device. That is the first utmost thing for you is to go to the audiologist. Good luck.

Talk with your mom about it. Don't get CI unless you are a candidate if you want CI. You have to be really deaf to have CI if you want it. But hearing aids are good for the late deafened anyway as long as you are not deaf. Just hard of hearing. :cool2:

Unfortunately, none of this is really an option at the moment. My family is really poor right now (which is a huge reason I have two jobs) and doesn't even really have the gas money to get me to the hospital

Alot of old people have hearing loss, too. They wear a hearing aid to help them hear better. Therefore they are hard of hearing.

If you currently wear a hearing aid, are you able to hear/speak over a phone? If so, then you are hard of hearing. If you don't have a hearing aid, why not?

I don't have a hearing aid because I don't have the spare money to spend on it right now. I will soon, hopefully.

If you are losing your hearing the label medically used is hard of hearing. No one was trying to offend you ..but that is what it is.

Unfortunately, none of this is really an option at the moment. My family is really poor right now (which is a huge reason I have two jobs) and doesn't even really have the gas money to get me to the hospital

Please check out your local Lions Club or other similar org. They offer help with purchasing HA's for children of families with financial difficulty. I know because they did it for me when I was 9. : )

Best of luck. Oh, and welcome!

What's that?
It's a deaf social that usually takes place at a Starbucks location at the same time one a month. Times, days, and locations vary.

For instance, there's one near where I live that's the first Friday of every month from 7 pm to 11 pm. :)

Haha. Thank you guys for all the support and ideas. I really needed that after the rough time I've been having.

Hi there Kira, and welcome. I'm a newbie also. HOH, getting my 1st set of HA's this Thursday!

Back