Hi to everyone from Airsoft nut! :-)

DeafAirsofter

Reaction score
Hello to everyone reading this intro post. I just found this forum again due to it came up at a Google search when I was looking for twitter and sign language!

Then I saw something about 'does anyone know about this site' so I posted to that forum already, oops! But yes, I heard of AllDeaf forum awhile ago, but I get too busy and forgot about to join it and chat and fun.

I have now went through and read the forum guidelines rules so I don't disrupt anything. I hope I don't make the mistakes here!

I am Deaf and am now 37 years old. I feel ollllllld, hahaha..

So as you can maybe see, I'm a big Airsoft nut. I love to play it very much (it's amazing exercise!) and hope perhaps there are also some Deaf into Airsoft, too. The hearing Airsofters already have their own hand signals for the games played during Airsoft, but I wonder if Deaf in other areas use different signs or more ASL (country) related signings?

I'm also a computer and internet nerd, and proud of it. I love writing and teaching as well as other things in the communities.

Thanks to everyone for your welcome.

D.A.

My son has airsoft guns, but doesn't do much with them. He finds the whole thing boring.

Welcome to AllDeaf!!!:wave:

LOL to KristinaB!! I wish I could get bored with them!! Thank you both so much for your welcome! Means a lot!

Oh real gun? i know a few guys who likes guns here. SOrry that wasn't me.lol

Oh real gun? i know a few guys who likes guns here. SOrry that wasn't me.lol

AirSoft guns are like a newer version of a BB gun. They shoot plastic BB's. Some also shoot metal BB's, but I wouldn't let son have those. He has the BB's in various colors, and glow-in-the-dark. He has pistols, and rifle varieties. He sold a few in a yard sale a few weeks ago. His vision problems keep him from hitting a target very well. He has new glasses, but he still can't see the target well.

I still think BB considered "real" to me. Someone did shoot at me when i was a teenager and it was so painful. I know lots of people are fans of BB or airsoft guns. But I am not keen on a varies of guns. i am a wimpy girl. lol.

I never cared for BB guns either. know several that got shot by it. The reasons I never cared for it because people tend to treat it lightly and think they can shoot anyone with it. And I think that's a BIG NO-NO. People need keep all guns and knives from pointing at anyone. BB is dangerous near the face.

But welcome!

I never cared for BB guns either. know several that got shot by it. The reasons I never cared for it because people tend to treat it lightly and think they can shoot anyone with it. And I think that's a BIG NO-NO. People need keep all guns and knives from pointing at anyone. BB is dangerous near the face.

But welcome!

Yes I understand and agree with you on this. Which is why Airsoft is much 'safer' than with bb's. Airsoft pellets are much lighter and made from plastic most of the time.

When you have on full equipment for protection, sometimes you don't even KNOW that you've been hit!

Which is why we use honor code for this. :P

Yes I understand and agree with you on this. Which is why Airsoft is much 'safer' than with bb's. Airsoft pellets are much lighter and made from plastic most of the time.

When you have on full equipment for protection, sometimes you don't even KNOW that you've been hit!

Which is why we use honor code for this. :P

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Thank you for clarifying or clearing that up that the Airsoft is much "safer" than the BB. I have never see a Airsoft gun and pellets. Now you have describe the Airsoft pellets are much lighter and not be able to get hit. I destest real guns and BB guns. They are too dangerous and I am glad you agree with that. I was not going to post it if you are a fan of real guns and BB. Now that I see that I am wrong.

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Thank you for clarifying or clearing that up that the Airsoft is much "safer" than the BB. I have never see a Airsoft gun and pellets. Now you have describe the Airsoft pellets are much lighter and not be able to get hit. I destest real guns and BB guns. They are too dangerous and I am glad you agree with that. I was not going to post it if you are a fan of real guns and BB. Now that I see that I am wrong.

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Awww, first thank you very much for welcome! And second, you will find this odd, but I detest guns also!!!! When our son was little boy I would not allow him to make anything into gun, like tree branches, or even carrot and say bang bang! Nooooo

Well, I was on another forum that one guy talked about it and it made me curious to look it up. So I did A LOT of research on it (so much that I made website about it for beginners!) and learned that the pellets are very small about .20 - .25 inch in diameter.

What I really like is that you can use biodegradable type that will melt into earth very quickly and better for the environment.

Now, it's not the 'fake/toy gun' part that I like about Airsoft. :shock:

I like the GAME behind it. There is a lot of strategy to learn about it, and where to hide, HOW to hide, how to 'ambush' a team or an opposite team member, etc.

IT IS AMAZING EXERCISE and I lost over 20 pounds on playing it so far.

And tell you something - I don't use my Airsoft 'gun' on field. I concentrate on finding the flag to bring to another area. I avoid getting hit by pellets by using camoflauge clothing and materials. :cool2:

I do like to play and 'shoot' at the targets in fenced in area or somewhere very quiet that people don't go to. But I don't like shoot at people, no matter how safe, and how much they will not feel it.

If that make sense.

Some of those Airsoft guns DO LOOK REAL!!!! That is due to collectors who like the real look of them, but know that they are 'safe'. They just sit behind glass cabinet windows, LOL.

Anyway, SEE I can talk about Airsoft forever. So I'll be quiet now!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone with such warm and wonderful welcome!!!

Awww, first thank you very much for welcome! And second, you will find this odd, but I detest guns also!!!! When our son was little boy I would not allow him to make anything into gun, like tree branches, or even carrot and say bang bang! Nooooo

Well, I was on another forum that one guy talked about it and it made me curious to look it up. So I did A LOT of research on it (so much that I made website about it for beginners!) and learned that the pellets are very small about .20 - .25 inch in diameter.

What I really like is that you can use biodegradable type that will melt into earth very quickly and better for the environment.

Now, it's not the 'fake/toy gun' part that I like about Airsoft. :shock:

I like the GAME behind it. There is a lot of strategy to learn about it, and where to hide, HOW to hide, how to 'ambush' a team or an opposite team member, etc.

IT IS AMAZING EXERCISE and I lost over 20 pounds on playing it so far.

And tell you something - I don't use my Airsoft 'gun' on field. I concentrate on finding the flag to bring to another area. I avoid getting hit by pellets by using camoflauge clothing and materials. :cool2:

I do like to play and 'shoot' at the targets in fenced in area or somewhere very quiet that people don't go to. But I don't like shoot at people, no matter how safe, and how much they will not feel it.

If that make sense.

Some of those Airsoft guns DO LOOK REAL!!!! That is due to collectors who like the real look of them, but know that they are 'safe'. They just sit behind glass cabinet windows, LOL.

Anyway, SEE I can talk about Airsoft forever. So I'll be quiet now!!!

THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone with such warm and wonderful welcome!!!

while you are at teaching your son, you should also tell him that anything that look like a gun, do not touch, talk to a grown up about it first. Your son could easily mistake a real gun with Airsoft at someone's house because he is used to seeing you play with it.

I myself play paintball years ago, wow I felt old like you are, LOL. I am curious about the game, how can you tell if a person is out? Hard to spot the pellets hit the body.

ah. Yes I'm very familiar with this kind of thing. My best friend used to invest a lot in this. He even had a little club. He had 2 Airsoft guns - M4 and Beretta and some protection. He kept pushing me to get it but I didn't budge cuz I thought it was... sorry - silly.

We have moved onto real guns and we like it very very very very much. We participate in competition called IDPA. I'm just waiting for warmer weather to come so that we can get back to it.

Back