Hi everyone! I would like to introduce myself

Richie

Reaction score
My name is Richie, and I am 29 years old ( male). I am from NY Peekskill. I am deaf, but wasn't born so.

When I became 20 years old, my hearing slowly and gradually went away, but I managed to learn "some" signs from my deaf friends. I am not perfect with using the ASL, but I know enough to help bring my points across :P

If you are from NY and would appreciate to meet new deaf people, I am more than happy to chat and to get to know you ;-)

I am also single and waiting for God to bless me with someone special in my life. How long that will take depends on God and his perfect timing.

I am new to the site, so I might face difficulties operating the site like a pro, but I hope to be welcomed and liked by you all :)

If you are not from NY, feel free to comment any way. It's good to chat and laugh with people all over the world.

God Bless.
Richie.

Hello and welcome aboard, Richie! :wave:

Hi, Alex!

Thanks for the welcoming!

Like I mentioned earlier, I am new to the site. How do I locate past comments I've made?

I was in Jacksonville last year for a 5 day vacation leave from home here in Ny, and did I enjoy myself! How things, Rockin'robin?

I was in Jacksonville last year for a 5 day vacation leave from home here in Ny, and did I enjoy myself! How things, Rockin'robin?

Things are really good, Ritchie...hope you enjoyed ur vacation here in Jacksonville!...big city and so much to do....and so much construction going on, at times I even get lost.....not to mention the traffic.....:hmm:...hope I'm not making Jacksonville sound too bad!...:lol:...it's home and I love it.

I got lost a few times in Jacksonville :) Even my GPS was asking me which way to turn! In fact, I ended up entering a oneway street illegally at one point! Huge city indeed, and pretty perplexing. But I love it there, and desperately want to move there to live.

Thanks for the welcoming, Moondancer. It seems as if all the deaf folks are leaving NY, making everyday a lonely experience for me :-(

I got lost a few times in Jacksonville :) Even my GPS was asking me which way to turn! In fact, I ended up entering a oneway street illegally at one point! Huge city indeed, and pretty perplexing. But I love it there, and desperately want to move there to live.

Thanks for the welcoming, Moondancer. It seems as if all the deaf folks are leaving NY, making everyday a lonely experience for me :-(

Getting lost or even disoriented :giggle: in Jax is so easy to do! Happened to me a few days ago....was downtown, trying to get back on the Hart Bridge...drove down a one way street the wrong way and a police car was coming right at me! :shock:...Then I realize my mistake, stopped the car and started backing up...the police car in front of me, the cop was laughing....and pointed at the license plate on the front of my car that says...."Ain't Life a Bitch!"....:laugh2:....I was able to get back onto the right street, without a ticket....

I am just curious, but do people interact on here? My intention for signing up was to interact with others and get to know others. But as far as that goes, I am still talking to myself most of the days :-(

Hey Richie, good to see you here. Yes, people interact. I am a very new member of this site and have found people to be very helpful and respectful. I just sort of skimmed the subject lines and found something that was also in my life/interesting and commented.

I am late deaf, profound. I truly need to master my ASL. The downside is in my area I have yet to find a group involved in deaf culture. This site has helped, I have "talked" more here than anywhere for quite some time.

It is good you are here, I believe there is something for everyone. Look around a little and see if there are subject lines you enjoy. Just like any other forum I have been on really. We all share a common interest, have different opinions and are a quite diverse group.

Back