hi does anyone know any free movies online with CC?

ThisBamf

Reaction score
i hate watchin movies with no subtities =(

Thanks.

try mall

try go to any mall that has theather, then u must go on special time to watch any movies with CC. ask mall manger about this.

Mod's Note:

The thread has been moved from General Chat to Captioning & Sign Language Interpreter section.

Personally, I don't know of any free movies that has captioning included online. Have you tried and google it up?

Here's how to watch online video's (Movies/TV shows) with CC

First read my blog on how to watch just about any online video with Subtitles. Click here to read it.

Now you can watch any movie you find on line with subtitles.

You can also go here to find a list of movies that have subtitles but they are all foreign movies. They are either "English subtitles" or "English Dubbed". The dubbed ones means that the voices are spoken in English. They're no use to us. But there are many subtitled ones there.

I'm working on a list of english subtitled internet movies right now.

Ron

Last edited:
First read my blog on how to watch just about any online video with Subtitles. Click here to read it.

You can also go here to find a list of movies that have subtitles but they are all foreign movies. They are either "English subtitles" or "English Dubbed". The dubbed ones means that the voices are spoken in English. They're no use to us. But there are many subtitled ones there.

Ron

Thanks Ron for the link to the list of english-subbed movies that I can find on yt or veoh! You got me hooked on Japanese films with English subs :P. I just finished watching 2008's "Cyborg Girl" and now I want more Japanese movies with subs on Veoh :)

The bonus was that I FINALLY found a subbed full-length version of Der Untergang (The Downfall) in which 3 minutes of a scene were used for parodies on youtube with Hitler ranting about any modern-day subject after tossing 75% of his lackeys out of his office. I did get to see the actual scenes with the correct subtitles, but the parodies were much a favorite of mine.

I know what you mean. I got hooked to. In fact I just watched that "Cyber Girl" the other day. I enjoyed it more then I thought I would.

And I've got great news for you. In my last post I said I was working on a list of online movies that you can watch with subtitles. Well the list is started. So far I'd got 21 movies on the list. But I'm adding more as I find them.

Click here to find that list.

Even better news is the site has agreed to create an entire section on English subtitles movies. They are working out the details on that now so we'll soon have that. The site has been very supportive of my goal to help provide subtitled or captioned Internet movies. For example the movie "The Incredible Hulk 2008" is now on that list with English subtitles and it was submitted by a member to help our cause. So things are looking good.

Let me know if you have any questions. Be sure to read the top of that list to learn how to use the "Optional English Subtitles" and watch the video there that show how to use them.

i have question about seeing movie in movie theatre. can i go only at special time? or can i go anytime and ask to put cc on? i thank you for advice!

Not all theaters will have closed captioned movies. The closest one to my house is a 45 minute drive away. Some have spacial times they show closed captioned movies. Others use what's called "Read room" closed captioning (Search for rear room closed caption for more on that).

I suggest you check around in your area for theaters that show closed captioned movies. Or have someone call them for you.

I have VERY SAD NEWS for all of you! I have called three companies are Blockbuster, Netflex, and Playstation Network about download movies online. Thay said " I am sorry for this happen and there are nothing we can do for you." that is BIG BS! Do you know why! they not give a damn unless we do something together to add up on FCC to force them to follow it. Up to you.

About CC for Movie Theater, it depend on local and states also the popular number of deaf people come and going see movie will keep it running plus some movie will provider CC and some not. Not much until you wait for DVD

Now you want free movies sure go to Library and apply member so you can get free old movies from there plus some offer VHS or DVD depend on Library offer.

End of discuss......

The discussion is far from over. If no one goes further then nothing is going to change.

You can watch any movie you can watch on your computer (Including DVD's,s download or streaming movies) with subtitles. And I do mean any. Just fallow the link in my above post and you'll learn how.

In fact tell me a movie you want to watch with subtitles and I'm I'll find it for you. I'm not guaranteeing all videos can be fond but most can.

As for the movie theaters. The fight on that issue has been going on for some time now. Visit sites like NAD and you can read about it. Steps have been taken. Not as fast as we want them to but the point is progress is being made. Got a long way to go but the ball is rolling.

Here's the good news though. Technology is advancing and I'm confident that we'll be able to watch any movie in a theater with CC very soon. Even if it means we have to use a device to accomplish it. I don't know exactly how soon of course but I'm sure it'll be much faster then it took for the laws to be passed regarding CC on TV (That took 25 years).

In fact right now I could show you a way to watch a movie in theaters with CC but it won't be as good as we hope. All you'll need is a mobile device that can play video files (Such as a cell phone).

Join the fight on this issue but doing nothing about it won't change a thing.

Hi!!! No theatres in my town play movies with cc =(. Closest one is 1 hour and 15 minutes away! Too far and I don't have car. I would like to watch kite runner. I wanted to see Bride Wars. I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD! I want to rent Kite Runner too. I read book and it good. I wait until library get it. I get all my movies from library! It free!!!! That why I want to see movie. If I call and speak to manager will that maybe change and they get CC?

Hi!!! No theatres in my town play movies with cc =(. Closest one is 1 hour and 15 minutes away! Too far and I don't have car. I would like to watch kite runner. I wanted to see Bride Wars. I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD! I want to rent Kite Runner too. I read book and it good. I wait until library get it. I get all my movies from library! It free!!!! That why I want to see movie. If I call and speak to manager will that maybe change and they get CC?

Not hurt to ask.

Those movies are brand new so the subtitles for them aren't yet available. Sometimes it takes a week or two from the time a movie hits the theater till the subtitles are available. I'll keep an eye out for them though and let you know as soon as I find them.

Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. has some shows with Closed Caption. They are not real Closed Caption more like subtitles from a DVD. They also have movies.

If Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. can do it anyone can do it.

TV.com: TV News - TV Shows - TV Listings - Entertainment News you might want to keep a eye. They do not have CC but might add them later. They are owned by CBS

Home - Joost does not have CC would not hurt to ask them to support Closed Caption.

Also email Home - ABC.com they have tv shows online.

Some stuff you check out. To use boxee you need account. If you have windows download Boxee from this link MAC and Linux users can get Boxee from there site. Boxee windows is still in alpha stage but I found it here.

Digg - Boxee Officially Goes Public, Anyone Can Join

Google is truly amazing, :) Found the link to the windows version. Go forth and spread the love.

*exclusive!* - Boxee 0.9.7.4723 Released Today - now with bbc iplayer support! - utilize your me.dm

windows - http://dl.boxee.tv/boxee-0.9.7.4723.exe

PlayOn: streams content from the PC to XBOX 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, HP media center.

Closed Caption CC subtitles for HULU please

Closed Caption CC subtitles for HULU please | MediaMall Technologies

iTunes is beginning to offer cc on some of its movies and video podcasts. Though few are free, you can do a power search and check the box marked "search for movies with cc".

Srt?

Ron

Dear Ron,

My laptop could not accept or locate file: .srt to begin any movie with subititles. Do you have solution, please?

Thank you,
Gabriel 0=)

Back