Hi all

Learning_ASL

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in Canada too! Toronto, ON. I'm hearing, but have always been extremely fascinated with deaf culture. Am studying ASL and would love the opportunity to meet new deaf people and maybe practise my signing! I understand there is a group that meets weekly in a Toronto Club... anybody know more info on that?

Looking forward to speaking... make that signing... with you soon!

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Have fun browsing and posting! :)

Hi all,

I'm in Canada too! Toronto, ON. I'm hearing, but have always been extremely fascinated with deaf culture. Am studying ASL and would love the opportunity to meet new deaf people and maybe practise my signing! I understand there is a group that meets weekly in a Toronto Club... anybody know more info on that?

Looking forward to speaking... make that signing... with you soon!

Hi, neighbor! I'm in the US, but I can get to Canada w/in 30 mins! So if you're ever out here, I'd love to maybe meet up and help you practice your signing! As for the Toronto Club, being that I'm not Canadian, I don't know anything about it, but I do know that there are several clubs in your area as I have a deaf friend whose girlfriend is from Canada. :]
-DeafMama78

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome! I look forward to chatting with many of you! A little about me.... I'm female, 36, hearing, fascinated with deaf culture and eager to learn to sign. I'm taking a beginner ASL course through the York Region Board of Education (that's basically Toronto, Ontario, Canada). I took an ASL course in 1996 through the Bob Rumball Centre for the Deaf, but never took additional courses after that until now. Instead I have tried to pick up as much as I can by watching people sign on TV, and using my ASL dictionaries. I would love to eventually become fluent, but I realize it takes years. I am very good with languages, but ASL is sure challenging! I'm not co-ordinated! LOL (manual dexterity required)!

Till soon...
PRS

:welcome: to AD! Enjoy your stay here. :)

Hi, neighbor! I'm in the US, but I can get to Canada w/in 30 mins! So if you're ever out here, I'd love to maybe meet up and help you practice your signing! As for the Toronto Club, being that I'm not Canadian, I don't know anything about it, but I do know that there are several clubs in your area as I have a deaf friend whose girlfriend is from Canada. :]
-DeafMama78

Hey cool Deafmama, I'm not too far from you then maybe you can tell me about your town since where to shop good deals and the airport to meet friends or the way to get there faster smile..Trying to know how far is the Buffalo Airport from Niagara Falls?? so on.. I wanna drive down there sometime

Yeah, signing is fun, isn't it? I too am hearing but I have mastered the language well enough to talk about just about anything in it. If you want to look up more signs, a free site to find them is ASLPro.com Home

Good luck!

Hey cool Deafmama, I'm not too far from you then maybe you can tell me about your town since where to shop good deals and the airport to meet friends or the way to get there faster smile..Trying to know how far is the Buffalo Airport from Niagara Falls?? so on.. I wanna drive down there sometime

Hiya Canuckian_Chick!

PM me & I'll tell you where I'm located.

As for trying to find out how far it is from Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls, how about checking MapQuest.Com: Maps, Directions and More or the similar map/directions sites. All you'd have to do is fill out the addresses or intersections from Point A to Point B and it'll give you a direction along w/ the estimate of how long it'd take you to get from Point A to Point B. :]

Hiya Canuckian_Chick!

PM me & I'll tell you where I'm located.

As for trying to find out how far it is from Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls, how about checking MapQuest.Com: Maps, Directions and More or the similar map/directions sites. All you'd have to do is fill out the addresses or intersections from Point A to Point B and it'll give you a direction along w/ the estimate of how long it'd take you to get from Point A to Point B. :]

Hey I know all about Mapquest just that it's a pain in the butt sometimes it doesn't give you the faster way to get there lol smile.. thanks for the help... Pm you?? how when I'm on this site?? lol... smile// Stop stealing my font colour (evil laugh) lol

Back