Hi All I'm new here

justbme10

Reaction score
:wave:So yeah, I'm new here. My name is Peggy and I've been hoh since I was in my teens. I am married and have three teenagers. Wow I'm old, well not that old I guess. I am looking for someone to talk with. See I'm the only hoh in my family, and nobody understands me and what I have to go through in everyday life. I hope to talk to you soon!
Peggy :ty:

There are many people here exactly like you. You will find friends if you want.

Thanks!

Thank You, I hope I will. I haven't had any really good friends in years, kinda shut myself outof life I guess.:hmm:

:wave:So yeah, I'm new here. My name is Peggy and I've been hoh since I was in my teens. I am married and have three teenagers. Wow I'm old, well not that old I guess. I am looking for someone to talk with. See I'm the only hoh in my family, and nobody understands me and what I have to go through in everyday life. I hope to talk to you soon!
Peggy :ty:
Hi, girl. Believe me, you're not alone. I am the only hard of hearing person in my family too. We stay miles from each other, so we communicate via phone, e-mail, or im. They sympathize with me; they know that I didn't choose this situation.

Have you tried making your concerns known to your family?

Last edited:
Hello lady justbme10 I am an Arab and my name is Hossam and I am married and have three sons

I am 32 years old and I am more than my son for twenty years :hmm:

Do you accept my friendship:wave:

Welcome, and you're not alone. I am sure most or many people are only one deaf in the family. I'm the only one deaf in the family, too. Deaf since I was a baby. It wasn't too bad, but I'm not saying it is easy. Welcome and you'll make many good friends here.

Hi + welcome! :wave:

As others have said...you will find a lot of people here [ myself included ]
who know exactly what you mean and how you feel!

I went out with my hearng friends from school, we are all around 38 39 yrs old. Anyhow it was weird because I couldn't hear enough to answer anything. Thank God i was in the concert most of the time. They kind of excepted me but still feel they and alot of other people treat me as if I am a child because I am HOH. Bugs me quite a bit. But I had loads of fun!
I am wanting to learn more ASL. How do they talk in sign, lets say other than what a school teaches?

Back