Hi all - from SoCal too - 2 URLs

gregric

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Greg in Southern California. I'm hearing & active in Deaf community here. i know ASL. I'm married. No kids, but 3 kittens showed up in our back yard a coule of months ago, so we now have some live-in family.

I'm interested in films and access for hard of hearing, so I'll probably be posting on the Caption related Thread on AllDeaf.

If its OK to post, I have a site currently listing films in theaters (showtime info) with all sorts of captions or subtitles. We cover most of California now and we're working on a natinal listing now. it's all free to users. I hope folks can chelk it out and send feedback.

Deaf Access Films - Captioned Films Now Showing (Movie-Poster-Links Gallery)

I also just found out about a new effort to make subtitllng of films and videos easier. It's still in testing/beta stage, but looks great.

dotSUB.com

Talk to ya all soon.

Greg

Welcome :welcome:

I hope you enjoy your stay here. What part of South California are you in? I'm in Torrance, Ca

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

:welcome: to the AD forum! Enjoy it...

I had used to live in San Diego until I graduated from a community college. I don't think I already met you in San Diego...

thanks for the info. i am in socal and i am learning asl. I think it would be a good idea for me to see some deaf films and expose myself more to deaf world.

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Happy browsing and posting!

Feedback: The disappearing and reappearing red text (the "thanks to..." moves everything below it up and down while I'm trying to select a state, click on a movie, etc. It's pretty annoying. Either make it fixed (non-blinking) or get rid of it. I did find one movie link that linked into a different movie than what it should have. Other than those two problems, it looks great and I look forward to going out for movies more. Just need to find somebody to take with me. :cool:

Welcome to this place.

-Aquaman

:welcome: Here! :wave: This place is great place to meet with other people from all over the place.

Enjoy your stay in AD and post anything to share with us!

:cheers:

Back