Hey :)

Of course, she was happy that she survivied. I'd be pissed if a cop did something to me like that. That's like falling off the cliff and a cop happens to be at the bottom... catches you. You say thanks to the cop for saving your life and the cop proceeds to say "welcome" by giving her a ticket for walking in the wrong area.

Anyway, do you still drive?

Actually he may have been required to give her a ticket for the seat belt thing...depending on the laws.

I do still drive. I've been driving since less than a year after the accident. I use hand controls...and I have a Chevy S-10 truck with the third door, so I don't have to climb all the way across the car anymore to get in and get all of my crap in too. ;) I didn't get the truck until a couple of years ago...my first one was the sportscar I had always wanted beforehand. But the whole climbing over the seat and the shifter thing really got irritating after a while. My sister got mad though because she thought the Avenger had a really nice stereo...LOL

:lol: I've seen those. It's those stick/rod that you pull on for one thing and push for the other thing?

Yes that's it. You can get different types though.

My mom has a lot of trouble operating it...it's funny. It took some getting used to but it's not that hard.

pbpara said:
Yes that's it. You can get different types though.

My mom has a lot of trouble operating it...it's funny. It took some getting used to but it's not that hard.
I've actually driven one before. A friend of mine has a specific handicap where he's not allowed to use his feet too much. Instead, he uses a wheelchair. He can walk on his own, but like I said... recommended not to use his feet too much. Because of that, he had his car modified with that. I once drove out to Darien Lake Six Flags with his car. It was interesting driving with that. I could still use my feet too if I wanted, it was both.

My truck is like that now. But something about the way they set up the system in the other one made it so it was awkward to try to use the pedals with the control system on. I was afraid mom was going to rear end somebody. She was making me very paranoid.

You can get a system for a manual shift car too but I think it seems too complicated.

Your friend is lucky. I've wished quite a bit to only be able to at least help myself along with some leg strength instead of just having dead weight.

Back