Hey, New Guy Here

Crux

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm a Southern Cali ninteen year old Chinese/Taiwanese male currently attending University of California, Irvine.

I was born profoundly deaf with Waardenbuurg Syndrome which is a genetic defect giving me deafness, blue eyes, and lots of white hair. I got a CI at four years old and raised oral.

I like boxing, sports, reading, movies, and good books.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

:welcome: to Alldeaf! Enjoy browsing and posting!

1.gif
to AD.. I hope you will enjoy the stay with us and happy posting away! :)

Thanks for the welcome, people. Why don't you tell me something about yourselves?

Hey all,

I'm a Southern Cali ninteen year old Chinese/Taiwanese male currently attending University of California, Irvine.

I was born profoundly deaf with Waardenbuurg Syndrome which is a genetic defect giving me deafness, blue eyes, and lots of white hair. I got a CI at four years old and raised oral.

I like boxing, sports, reading, movies, and good books.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Welcome to AD - it's a nice site!

I have Waardenburg syndrome as well. I don't have the blue eyes but have a white streak in my hair and deafness. My father who was dark skinned didn't have deafness but had one blue eye and one brown eye! Both my siblings have lots of white hair but no or little deafness.

Do you find that many doctors have never heard of it? I'm often having to spell it out to them.

I just recently got a CI as an adult. Quite a few of us with CIs often post in the CI/hearing aid subforum.

Thanks for the welcome, people. Why don't you tell me something about yourselves?

You are welcome. My name is Ginger. I am from Arkansas. I was born deaf due to rubella measles and Rh factor but am hoh. I have Meniere's Disease.

I am not married but have one son who is 7 yrs old. His name is TJ. I love reading books, watching movies, collect smiley faces, owls, stickers, pins and buttons. I also love natural phenomena. What else do you want to know? lol :)

Welcome Crux:

Hi Crux:
Welcome to alldeaf.com. You sound neat. I have Waardenburg too.
See my post in introductions.

:welcome: to all deaf and hope you enjoying it here and feeling warm welcoming here too. Wow, 2nd person I read with that syndrome which I am not familiar with.

Back