~*~Hey all, new here!!~*~

Welcome to AllDeaf whitedove!

From the information you given, you must have mainstreamed...and it's good to see that you're very much interested in learning sign-language and taking the effort to meet other Deaf/Hoh ppls.,...Like for myself, I didn't learn how to sign until my last year in high school (that was years ago!) and got involved in the Deaf community changing my perspective of the world around me. FYI, I wear a bte on my right ear, speak and hear well....

I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting others within the Deaf/Hoh community and enjoy your stay here! :cool:

RR, yeah I grew up in a public school where all the kids were hearing. I went to a preschool where there were other deaf kids, and I signed, but then I eventually stopped signing and just talked orally. I knew signed English, but not ASL, so that's why I want to learn ASL so that I can talk to others in the deaf community. But...I don't know very many people in the deaf community, and I would like to. That's why I came here to this board. :)

whitedove said:
RR, yeah I grew up in a public school where all the kids were hearing. I went to a preschool where there were other deaf kids, and I signed, but then I eventually stopped signing and just talked orally. I knew signed English, but not ASL, so that's why I want to learn ASL so that I can talk to others in the deaf community. But...I don't know very many people in the deaf community, and I would like to. That's why I came here to this board. :)

You've come to the right place...I'm sure you'll meet many new friends through here...it's a great place to share our feelings, thoughts and opinions...how well are you able to hear or speak? Once again, welcome aboard! :cool:

Back