Heteroflexible: Girls kissing girls is the latest trend

lumbingmi

Reaction score
By KATHERINE KERSTEN
August 25, 2008

Imagine that you hear that your 18-year-old daughter was kissing another girl at a party last weekend. What races through your mind? "O my gosh, she's exploring same-sex attractions. She must be a lesbian."

Hold up, Mom and Dad. You're showing your age. Chances are, your daughter's not fixed on the pretty young blonde she's locking lips with. There may be something entirely different and unexpected going on.

"Girls making out with each other to turn on guys is the latest craze at high school and college parties," according to the online magazine Salon.com.

Still don't believe it? Listen to this summer's monster hit song, "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. It's an international phenomenon -- topping the charts all summer in America, Canada, Australia and Great Britain. A few weeks ago, Perry was a headliner at the Warped music festival at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, belting out the song's provocative lyrics:

I kissed a girl and I liked it,

The taste of her cherry chapstick,

I kissed a girl just to try it,

I hope my boyfriend don't mind it.

It felt so wrong, it felt so right.

Perry cagily maintains that her song is about drunken curiosity regarding same-sex attractions. But her music video, which features gyrating women in lingerie, is clearly designed to give the male libido a jolt.

We baby boomers like to think we invented and defined the sexual revolution. But our offspring are tossing out the categories we took for granted, including the view that "gay or straight" is preprogrammed.

Young women whom Salon.com interviewed about the girl-on-girl trend said they had initially kissed other females to get a free beer at parties or on a dare from guys. But they soon saw it as a way to signal to males that they are "sexually open and adventurous."

"It was like, look, I'm the center of attention!" recalled one 16-year-old.

Katherine Kersten: Heteroflexible: Girls kissing girls is the latest trend

:naughty: that's all I can say. :naughty:

I kissed a girl and I liked it!!!

lol hmm i never thought of it that way. If I saw my gf kissing another girl, I would most likely throw a fit just like if she was kissing another guy

It doesn't bother me as long as they are single or if their partner doesn't mind.

I've seen some straight boys and girls (including homosexuals) kissing each other just for fun before, nothing wrong with it ;)

lol hmm i never thought of it that way. If I saw my gf kissing another girl, I would most likely throw a fit just like if she was kissing another guy

huh..... weird. for me - i'd go :naughty::naughty::naughty:

It doesn't bother me as long as they are single or if their partner doesn't mind.

I've seen some straight boys and girls (including homosexuals) kissing each other just for fun before, nothing wrong with it ;)

straight girls kissing each other... cool but straight boys kissing each other? I................... don't know about that :iough:

straight girls kissing each other... cool but straight boys kissing each other? I................... don't know about that :iough:

Is it okay for us to kiss each other? Or you just don't like it yourself?

Sounds like a severe case of homophobia to me.:hmm: Probably the reason for separating the act by gender.

I guess this is what being sexually fluid is all about. Nothing wrong with that either. I've seen straight deaf boys kissing each other, and they were drunk.

Haha, shel -- been there. Would you do it again?

I guess this is what being sexually fluid is all about. Nothing wrong with that either. I've seen straight deaf boys kissing each other, and they were drunk.

Haha, shel -- been there. Would you do it again?

of course!!!! the beer eyes! I'm sure that drunk boy saw other boy as a hot girl :laugh2:

of course!!!! the beer eyes! I'm sure that drunk boy saw other boy as a hot girl :laugh2:

:lol: I had a straight friend who told me his little story, he was very drunk and he had sex with other straight guy. He told me that he thought it was female, but really it's just other guy that was curious about the sex with the same gender.

He told me... he like it! :eek3::laugh2:

Back