Help!!!

TinyStrawberry

Reaction score
For the those of u guys who lives in Minnesota,
a friend is deperate to move out, his ex is controlling him and he want to get out of here.. He is currently in Brainerd, and he wants to move to the T.C but the problem is, he have to wait for about 2-3 months to get his SSI, SSDI..
I know there is several places where deaf people can stay at by low cost paying rent..
Got any Ideas?
Thanks!!!
I just feel so bad.. :-(

Does he have any friends or families/relatives he could stay for awhile until he gets on his feet ? It might help until he gets his checks. :)

er um... i have no clue sorry linds... :(

if its possible for him to transfer his job over to twin cities.. then that'll be excellent. however other way.. he can sleep over at friends if he have one in metro area till he finally gets his SSI/SSDI/SSA....

if i were in his shoes... i'll find a new job or transfer if its possible :D

and other thing... those low-cost places where deafies usally lives.. is a terrible place to live. i've seen it and no thanks.. i'll never ever wanna live there. people there aren't that nice, and crimes are high in neighboorhood.

Brainerd, hmmmmmmm/ Maybe he can buy a canoe and paddle an area up there that I know has about 25 inter-connecting lakes created by the Indians. He could be incognito forever if he wants, living off the wild rice found on those lakes! LOL!

CyberRed said:
Does he have any friends or families/relatives he could stay for awhile until he gets on his feet ? It might help until he gets his checks. :)

He have a family that lives in Cross lake but they don't want him to stay there more than a WEEK.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
er um... i have no clue sorry linds... :(

if its possible for him to transfer his job over to twin cities.. then that'll be excellent. however other way.. he can sleep over at friends if he have one in metro area till he finally gets his SSI/SSDI/SSA....

if i were in his shoes... i'll find a new job or transfer if its possible :D

He lost his new job less than 2 months because he has been going to the ER for his Health problem so they "laid" him off because he has been sick..
He doesnt have alot of friends in the twin cities, well he does but they dont want him to stay there..

Tousi said:
Brainerd, hmmmmmmm/ Maybe he can buy a canoe and paddle an area up there that I know has about 25 inter-connecting lakes created by the Indians. He could be incognito forever if he wants, living off the wild rice found on those lakes! LOL!

LoL. I don't think he would like that. He would have to live in a tent everyday and sleep in a sleeping bag and have to cook by fire and have to dig a hole to take a shit.. :)

TinyStrawberry said:
He have a family that lives in Cross lake but they don't want him to stay there more than a WEEK.

Ah, I see. Ummm, let's see *thinkin'* Since you are helpin' him by postin' here for our help.... why don't you let him in your place to stay until he gets his own place? I know for a fact that it may take him 2-3 years to get a low income housin'. It's up to you to help him until then. It's better than nuthin'. :)

poor him.. that s sad his family won't help him longer. maybe they are experienced with him having problems over and over. I hope he finds a job soon so have a place to live.

My boyfriend's from Brainerd tho - I know few friends there, maybe they can help you out since Brainerd's a small town, I'm sure you can ask other deafies there.

Last edited:
AquaMaiden said:
My boyfriend's from Brainerd tho - I know few friends there, maybe they can help you out since Brainerd's a small town, I'm sure you can ask other deafies there.
yeah... Linds... u can IM me or PM me if u wanna know the names of people living i brainerd area.. or PM Aqua for names.. maybe they'll willing to let him live... for while

I don't mind if he live with me for a while in my basement.. my basement is finished. and its empty.. but.. i need to know who he is first before i decide.. i don't want a crap guy living with me for while. :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yeah... Linds... u can IM me or PM me if u wanna know the names of people living i brainerd area.. or PM Aqua for names.. maybe they'll willing to let him live... for while

I don't mind if he live with me for a while in my basement.. my basement is finished. and its empty.. but.. i need to know who he is first before i decide.. i don't want a crap guy living with me for while. :D

DeafScuba, thanks.. I sended you a PM. so Just reach me at those email address that I posted on the PM. Thanks again..

CyberRed said:
Ah, I see. Ummm, let's see *thinkin'* Since you are helpin' him by postin' here for our help.... why don't you let him in your place to stay until he gets his own place? I know for a fact that it may take him 2-3 years to get a low income housin'. It's up to you to help him until then. It's better than nuthin'. :)

Yeh, I am trying my best to find him a place.. We used have a couch but mom sold it.. So.. My mom doesn't really like John because what he did, like what I posted. :-(..
He want me to be his roomate so hopefully I can if I get enough money for all of those stuff I have to pay. :roll:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
and other thing... those low-cost places where deafies usally lives.. is a terrible place to live. i've seen it and no thanks.. i'll never ever wanna live there. people there aren't that nice, and crimes are high in neighboorhood.

Not up in here. I live in a low income housin' myself (apartment) and the environment is really nice and clean. This apt. complex has lots of trees around it and a small river. There's no crime in this town. Beautiful scenery here ! I can see very "close-up" mountains with some snow on the top in front of my windows (livingroom and bedroom). I love it. It makes me happy. :) But, Alaska itself ain't cheap to live by.

TinyStrawberry said:
Yeh, I am trying my best to find him a place.. We used have a couch but mom sold it.. So.. My mom doesn't really like John because what he did, like what I posted. :-(..
He want me to be his roomate so hopefully I can if I get enough money for all of those stuff I have to pay. :roll:

Ok. I hope everything will work out well and easy for you and your friend. :)

strawberry, you're a good friend to want help him :) hope he gets out of that abusive situation.

http://www.ncadv.org/ National Coalition Against Domestic Violence may have good support and advice for him - even an escape plan, and how to cope with this experience.

Liza said:
strawberry, you're a good friend to want help him :) hope he gets out of that abusive situation.

http://www.ncadv.org/ National Coalition Against Domestic Violence may have good support and advice for him - even an escape plan, and how to cope with this experience.

Thank you!!!
Hope this works :) :bowdown: :grouphug:

Back