Help???

AlexísBingham

Reaction score
Hello... I'm nearly 15, and think I need to learn ASL... I'm going to lose my hearing. I need to learn ASL, but I don't have the money for classes. I was wondering if maybe someone would be willing to help me learn over skype/facetime? I can't pay you, but it sure would help me...

-Alexís Bingham-

If you're at risk of losing your hearing, you could enroll in a Deaf ed program and learn ASL through immersion. Are you HOH right now?

What I would do... Talk to your parents and say that you want to be proactive and learn ASL. You can take advantage of an IEP program and either attend a D/hh regional program or attend Texas School for the Deaf (which BTW is getting to be REALLY good... Like people move from other states for it, good!) http://www.tsd.state.tx.us/ You wouldn't have to attend permanently(ie for the rest of your academic career) ......but a semester or two would be EXTREMELY benifical and help you bone up on Deaf skills. Then you can return to your home school. If, for example you had an eye disease and were expected to become blind within two years, I would suggest taking a semester or two to attend the blind school and bone up on blind skills... It's the same thing!

Hello... I'm nearly 15, and think I need to learn ASL... I'm going to lose my hearing. I need to learn ASL, but I don't have the money for classes. I was wondering if maybe someone would be willing to help me learn over skype/facetime? I can't pay you, but it sure would help me...

-Alexís Bingham-

If you want any help and want to facetime sometime I'm often down to help :)

Back