Help with some signs

sdipp

Reaction score
I'm trying to teach the concept of excuse me to someone. "If you bump into someone say excuse me." I'm having a little trouble with this. We use more of pidgeon sign...so should I sign bumps into someone...a sign for each word? I can't find a sign for bump, I wa sthinking push but it's not really intential. Or would I use classifiers and some how express the concept of bumping into someone. How would I do that? any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would explain it as related to the idea of "SORRY" or "FORGIVEN"... more often I use "SORRY" than "EXCUSE-ME" ... sometimes I use them interchangeably such as if I am day dreaming and miss something, or if I yawn, or bump into someone, or if I make a misunderstanding - sort of like "WRONG + EXCUSE-ME".

not sure if this helps ?
demonstrations of cases you'd use it are maybe better than an explanation ??

I would probably sign WALK with the "th" mouth (meaning "careless"), then change to index finger classifiers, where one walks up to the other and bumps into it. Change focus back to yourself and sign SORRY or EXCUSE or however you want them to sign it. Hope this makes sense.

I would probably sign WALK with the "th" mouth (meaning "careless"), then change to index finger classifiers, where one walks up to the other and bumps into it. Change focus back to yourself and sign SORRY or EXCUSE or however you want them to sign it. Hope this makes sense.

That is exactly what I thought, Interpretator, only when I did it in my mind, I had added the "people" sign before "walk". That's why I figured I would let a professional answer this one.:giggle:

That's very helpful. Thanks! I've been taking pictures of him signing each sign individually but will try and work out a way to use the person classifier.

Back