Help with Internet Explorer

C

coloravalanche

I am struggling and trying to figure it out how to remove the extra address bar on my internet explorer...I dont know how it appears on it but I would like it to be removed..

Please help and how do I do it? thanks! :D

I imagine there would be a Toolbars item in the Tools menu or something to that effect. That said, you should be using Firefox. ;)

"Extra" stuff that shows up on toolbars in IE is often installed by an adware or spyware application that downloaded. Teresh is right - get rid of IE and download Firefox instead. Also download and run Spybot Search and Destroy, and the free spyware utility at AdAware. If you are not using an anti-virus program, you can use TrendMicro's HouseCall at www.antivirus.com

If you know the type of toolbar, click on Control Panel then Add/Remove progrram. Select the toolbar and click "Delete".

You may not need to add browser, such as Firefox...

You need to update the Windows version especially SP2. http://update.microsoft.com

There is another new Windows® Defender (Beta 2)

Brief Description
Windows Defender (Beta 2) is a free program that helps you stay productive by protecting your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software.

Good Luck..

Depend what kind r u using toolbar..

Is that Uwebsearch ? <~~ pretty diffculties removal

Can you tell me what name of toolbar please..

I using firefox pure simple..

GalaxyAngel said:
Depend what kind r u using toolbar..

Is that Uwebsearch ? <~~ pretty diffculties removal

Can you tell me what name of toolbar please..

I using firefox pure simple..

websearch is called "mirer"

I used to have my I.E. browser. For your I.E., you can remove that extra stuff in your bar by looking up "Customize..." (something like that), and it might be in the Edit menu. Hope that helps. Let us know that you solved your problem.

Bryan said:
Firefox = takes up too much spaces
IE = like we all know, it blows.
Opera = the best ;)

www.opera.com

I downloaded the Opera, and read the fine print. I copied one part of the fine print that I do not understand it:

"You may not use the Software on non-PC products, devices, or embedded in any other product, including, but not limited to, mobile devices, internet appliances, set top boxes (STB), handhelds, PDAs, phones, web pads, tablets, game consoles, TVs, gaming machines, home automation systems, or any other consumer electronics devices or mobile/cable/satellite/television or closed system based service."

This simply means that it is only to be used in a regular personal computer.

webexplorer said:
I downloaded the Opera, and read the fine print. I copied one part of the fine print that I do not understand it:

"You may not use the Software on non-PC products, devices, or embedded in any other product, including, but not limited to, mobile devices, internet appliances, set top boxes (STB), handhelds, PDAs, phones, web pads, tablets, game consoles, TVs, gaming machines, home automation systems, or any other consumer electronics devices or mobile/cable/satellite/television or closed system based service."

Mookie said:
If you know the type of toolbar, click on Control Panel then Add/Remove progrram. Select the toolbar and click "Delete".

You may not need to add browser, such as Firefox...

You need to update the Windows version especially SP2. http://update.microsoft.com

There is another new Windows® Defender (Beta 2)

Brief Description
Windows Defender (Beta 2) is a free program that helps you stay productive by protecting your computer against pop-ups, slow performance and security threats caused by spyware and other potentially unwanted software.

Good Luck..

Hey Mookie,

Ive tried to download Windows Defender (Beta 2)...Unfortunately, the dialox box says "I need to use Window XP service pack 2....

Do you know how to install/download window xp service pack 2?

thanks!

I downloaded the spyware detector instead of spyware remover...and I registered/paid for it...

Anyhow, After I installed the spyware detector program...I notice the pop up ads keep popping up...Why is that?

coloravalanche said:
I downloaded the spyware detector instead of spyware remover...and I registered/paid for it...

Anyhow, After I installed the spyware detector program...I notice the pop up ads keep popping up...Why is that?

a. because what you paid for may have actually been spyware itself
b. you didn't remove all the spyware/adware you had
c. you have Windows Messenger enabled
d. you still have your IE settings allowing pop-ups and javascript consoles
e. all of the above

Download a program called "Spybot Search and Destroy" - it's free and works pretty well.

You will also avoid more infections by switching to Netscape, Foxfire or another alternate browser. Most spyware/adware is written by lazy script-kiddies who only explote IE's security holes.

MorriganTait said:
a. because what you paid for may have actually been spyware itself
b. you didn't remove all the spyware/adware you had
c. you have Windows Messenger enabled
d. you still have your IE settings allowing pop-ups and javascript consoles
e. all of the above

Download a program called "Spybot Search and Destroy" - it's free and works pretty well.

You will also avoid more infections by switching to Netscape, Foxfire or another alternate browser. Most spyware/adware is written by lazy script-kiddies who only explote IE's security holes.

are you saying that since i paid for this program...it isnt really spyware protection? like they are fooling me that they are actually spyware?

how do i remove all the spyware/adware i had?

window messenger...is that IM online? or internet explorer?

Do you use spybot search and destroy? what is their URL please?

Many thanks! :D

coloravalanche said:
are you saying that since i paid for this program...it isnt really spyware protection? like they are fooling me that they are actually spyware?

how do i remove all the spyware/adware i had?

window messenger...is that IM online? or internet explorer?

Do you use spybot search and destroy? what is their URL please?

Many thanks! :D

I see that you are stuck now. It is always about money that does not help you to get rid of it. You could dispute your credit card bill to get your money back.

I think that MorriganTait knows more about the software. I am surprised that the I.E.'s new version does not have the block to prevent the ads pop-ups. Why can't you use other browsers like Firefox or Opera? They are free for everyone to download them. I do not have any ads' pop-up windows since I banned the I.E.

webexplorer said:
I see that you are stuck now. It is always about money that does not help you to get rid of it. You could dispute your credit card bill to get your money back.

I think that MorriganTait knows more about the software. I am surprised that the I.E.'s new version does not have the block to prevent the ads pop-ups. Why can't you use other browsers like Firefox or Opera? They are free for everyone to download them. I do not have any ads' pop-up windows since I banned the I.E.

So, are you saying if I download opera...does it prevent spyware/adware, cookies, etc?? of course you mentioned ads pop up windows...is it well-protective?

have you heard of this program before? Max Secure Spyware Detector??

I admit you that I never using spyware or something else program

I am I.E. user, I always stick with I.E. engine... I never have any problem with my PC without those stupid programs for 6 years.. anyway , I am very loathe spyware, firewall, anti-virus or stupid programs like get free programs.. I never using those programs on my pc ... I never feeling regrets about my pc without stupid programs such spyware, etc..

Because I know how to get rid of it: [I know many way I find to rid of it]..

using start menu>> search>> you put "mirer" in search, it will do search it for you and appear "mirer" you find. you need to delete all "mirer". if not work, you need to reboot. do it again like above.. it will work.. you done afterward this..

you need to open I.E broswer, then see tools on top of bar, click "tools">> click "internet opition">> internet option dialog, you see "advance" on top of tab. You better careful looking "third party", you need click it off of third party.. thats it.. my sample:

thirdparty22do.jpg

hope this helpful for you..

GOOD LUCK!! :)

Back