Help!!! My dog

whatdidyousay, I am so sorry for the loss of your Finlay. You are most grieved as I was when I lost my beloved cat a while back. :hug: I know how it hurts. catlady however, is just a newcomer and is probably still learning how to get around AD so had missed the tragic news, nevertheless she should show some courtesy to at least express some sympathy and understanding. Really, this is not a good way to begin, catlady. There are other people on this forum and it is certainly not pleasant for the rest of us to see this insensitive behaviour.

Thank you BecLak ! I agree catlady should has to show some compassion
to a person that just lost their hearing dog that was also their best four legged friend! Her comment would not had been so insensitive if she did not post HAHAHA!! at the end. It sound like she was laughing about Finlay's death! I do have two threads up about my dogs , catlady should had read before posting her second comment! Thank you again BecLak , I am grieving the lost of my beloved dog terribly.

Thank you BecLak ! I agree catlady should has to show some compassion
to a person that just lost their hearing dog that was also their best four legged friend! Her comment would not had been so insensitive if she did not post HAHAHA!! at the end. It sound like she was laughing about Finlay's death! I do have two threads up about my dogs , catlady should had read before posting her second comment! Thank you again BecLak , I am grieving the lost of my beloved dog terribly.
Whatdidyousay! I wanted to apologize you for my terrible misunderstanding about this topic. I thought her German Shepard was Finley but no, I was so dead wrong. It was actually YOUR beloved poodle. I realized it was in a bad and insensitive taste on my part. It was not my intension (sp?) or purpose to insult you. Just an honest mix-up. I am sorry.

Whatdidyousay! I wanted to apologize you for my terrible misunderstanding about this topic. I thought her German Shepard was Finley but no, I was so dead wrong. It was actually YOUR beloved poodle. I realized it was in a bad and insensitive taste on my part. It was not my intension (sp?) or purpose to insult you. Just an honest mix-up. I am sorry.

catlady, thank you for apologizing . This does help as I am in so much grief
about my sweet poodle, I am trying to get up to going enough nerves to go out shopping , people may ask where Finlay is and I am afraid I will break down crying! enought about me . Thread is about a dog that chewing up a things. I knew one dog the chewed up a linoleum floor and the owners did not replace the floor as they felt it would be a waste of money. The dog was a full grown dog that had a lot engery and did not get out enough.

Check out the cancer thread.
Hi, souggy, Your message gave me with some wonder as to your concern about Finlay. I did not follow you or even worse whatdidyousay! In my terrible mishaps with certain remarks. So bad, on my part. I felt all your hurts by the way.
Once, again, I am truly sorry on my behalf. Catlady

Wirelessly posted

catlady said:
Check out the cancer thread.
Hi, souggy, Your message gave me with some wonder as to your concern about Finlay. I did not follow you or even worse whatdidyousay! In my terrible mishaps with certain remarks. So bad, on my part. I felt all your hurts by the way.
Once, again, I am truly sorry on my behalf. Catlady

No worries.

It was obvious there was a misunderstanding going on. So it was the most neutral way to give you a heads up.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm can we get back to the topic. Thanks you and my dog is german shepard mix and he is almost 3 yrs old now. He love to go for a walk as I take him out for a walk. 3 times a day.

My dog, Rusty, he is german shepard mix. I got him almost 2 yrs. Since I got him he have been chewing the blankie, shoe, sheet anything that he get to. Now he stop chewing everything except the sheet. He still at it. I have a hard time to make him stop. I even buy him a toy to chew on and he wont use it.

Help how can I get him to stop chewing the sheet so I can get a couch cover for my couch. I can leave no sheet on the couch cuz he will lick or try to chew on my new couch. I brought this couch just less then a year ago.

Your dog is bored... Make sure he has plenty of exercise before and after work and whilst he's alone get some chewtoys that allow you put food in (peanut butter can work too) - when it's hot you can freeze some snacks in an old icecream container etc...

If you catch your dog in the act, tell him no and give him a toy instead... If he starts to chew the toy, reward him with a treat and lots of praise and he'll soon associate his toys as being a "good thing"

Food is always a good tool to use to train any aged dog.

I used to be a vet nurse and ran puppy behaviour classes... Hope this helps :)

Back