Help me! Virus attacked my laptop

JoeyDeafNinja

Reaction score
Somebody tell me what to do with virus on laptop...Virus attacked and shutted everything down.

Best thing to do is wipe the drive and restore to factory condition, you will lose everything on it. You dont really want to save anything as you dont know how many files are corrupt.

If you have a MicroCenter near you, they are awesome at helping with issues, some services are free, others at an affordable fee. They will also honor all warrantys for your brands as well as service all brands, they will even look it up for you free.

Thanks for help. Recently my anti-software just deleted Trojan virus and everything is fine now. Weird. I don't get why it doesn't delete Trojan in first place.

Check your settings. I use AVG.com, it is a free download and free use for basic virus protection, never had an issue and it always caught everything before any damage was ever inflicted.

AVG has caught stuff that Norton and others have missed.

Yeah, best to have anti-virus program installed on your PC such as AVG or Microsoft's MSE (they both are free softwares).

The best way to stop virus from spreading: unplug your internet network and then go into safe mode and run anti-virus program. This is the best way to do it.

Solution: Get a Mac from carefully patented company, Apple.

Solution: Get a Mac from carefully patented company, Apple.

lol - let's keep it unbaised in here. This guy needs help with HIS laptop, not seeking new PC that "unlikely" to receive a virus. ;)

lol - let's keep it unbaised in here. This guy needs help with HIS laptop, not seeking new PC that "unlikely" to receive a virus. ;)

I'm just messing with Joey. ;)

For virus, reformat and clean installation are must, also after that, you need install MSE.

His laptop? too hot while play PC games.. I remmy I carried my laptop travel to other state. I checked in hotel with free Wi-Fi access. I found out a hacker try to break in my laptop and ruin it. I stick with a desktop computer at home or smartphone for travel.

I have used iMac for a year at FSDB. SO far no virus on it. Yeah iMac or any apple poducts has less likely have virus but question is, How do they do that? Why can't Dell or others do the same for their products?

I agree with a complete wipe, new trojans bury themselves deep in the registry, will behave in a dormant manner until triggered.

I have used iMac for a year at FSDB. SO far no virus on it. Yeah iMac or any apple poducts has less likely have virus but question is, How do they do that? Why can't Dell or others do the same for their products?

Because millions of people have Microsoft Windows - lot more than Apple. So, people who program viruses target Windows. But now, they are beginning to target Apple but not very much.

Better got free download Malwarebytes software. If virus hits it, unplug your internet network and then go into safe mode and scan Malwarebytes. This can beat virus.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - CNET Download.com

Didn't I just said almost same thing few posts above? Is it echo or something? :P

First of all, run in safe mode with network, then download malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org. When that done do a complete scan and remove any virus that's on your machine. Next, try download spybot from spybot.org and do the same process as malwarebytes.

If it didn't find anything.... then it's obviously a heating issue. when it get hot, it will shut down automatically. You might want to try use your vacuum cleaner and suck it all the vent grid to clean it out.

Good luck!

Another approach would be to reboot your computer in safe mode. (This disables everything, including internet and background programs.) That way, you can run anti-virus and deal with the virus. This often helps (unless it's a super-smart virus that stops that as well.)

I just reformat and reinstall to factory level. My laptop have Disk to Disk restoration by pressing F11 during bootup so It's easy for me to do so unless hdd failed. I did full wipe on hd by accident, thus removed Disk to Disk recovery so I copied it from my daughter's laptop which is exact same as mine. Whew! I do back up to DVD disk, I have 3 dvd disk of Acer restore. It's slower to restore than Disk to Disk.

IN case if hdd fails and I don't have any more backups. I would use Acronis Trueimage to backup entire drive so I can restore Windows OS in 15 min rather than original Disk to Disk which takes me 1 1/2 hr to do so. (40 minutes of restoration then rest of Windows setup on desktop takes more than 50 min cuz of bloated craps from factory. It would be nice if I can hack Acer's DVD and delete all bloatwares and leave drivers and neccessary programs so it'll be very quick setup after restoration.)

Catty

I recommend you advise your techincal your fix on costly your repair protect secure your! it is very! it is very best buy support help!

It is very insecure help you!

Back