help me out?

Definitely yes the teachers are a lot to blame. But the students waiting so last minute to come on here and need answers. Also, the lack of introduction and just jumping right into help me with my homework is the student to blame. Manners have died out with the generations, that's for sure. I'm not even that old and I still place manners at a very high priority when interacting with other people. :/

Let Botts handle the n00bs looking for answers for surveys and someone to do their homework for them she's got a knack at putting them in their place ... she's good at it trust her ...

Let Botts handle the n00bs looking for answers for surveys and someone to do their homework for them she's got a knack at putting them in their place ... she's good at it trust her ...

Of course I trust in Botts..... However, I have a big mouth and when you pair a big mouth with an idiot or annoying twat waffle.... :P

Wirelessly posted

Mewtilation said:
Definitely yes the teachers are a lot to blame. But the students waiting so last minute to come on here and need answers. Also, the lack of introduction and just jumping right into help me with my homework is the student to blame. Manners have died out with the generations, that's for sure. I'm not even that old and I still place manners at a very high priority when interacting with other people. :/

This is the only forum that I post at that has an "introduction" thread that new people are ask to post at first. The kids may well be comlng from the same experience and have no reason to expect to post an introduction!

I feel the same thing. BUT THIS OP is a senior high school kid. Go easy on this OP. I am more sensitive with high school students rather than college students. eh

am i normal for feeling that way.

Allybird220, I strongly encourage you to tell teacher about the assigment that teachers make you all students to meet Deaf people in a wrong approach. Let teachers know if techer would do that if students go to the people in a wheelchair and ask them how or what happened to them and same deal questions for Deaf people.

I know its not your fault but your teachers. :)

I feel the same thing. BUT THIS OP is a senior high school kid. Go easy on this OP. I am more sensitive with high school students rather than college students. eh

Allybird220, I strongly encourage you to tell teacher about the assigment that teachers make you all students to meet Deaf people in a wrong approach. Let teachers know if techer would do that if students go to the people in a wheelchair and ask them how or what happened to them and same deal questions for Deaf people.

I wonder teaches would like if this we started sending emails everyday saying
we need to know everything about it like to be a teacher for a our homework. I agree the OP is young and I was going easy on her/ him by just joking about studying about deaf animals.
But it would had nice if the OP did not wait until the last moment to ask for our help . They said they got their assignment last week and posted this on the 19.

we need to know everything about it like to be a teacher for a our homework. I agree the OP is young and I was going easy on her/ him by just joking about studying about deaf animals.
But it would had nice if the OP did not wait until the last moment to ask for our help . They said they got their assignment last week and posted this on the 19.

That's nothing new. My boys tend to wait til the last minute to do their assignments. I think we all do that one time or another.

Very common for kids to do their projects at a last minute. Its part of their learning about a last minute is a bad idea. Wait until they hit college then they will say to themselve, " oh no i should have done it eariler!"

The teacher shouldn't ask students to interview with a person for research papers. What if no one wants to answer the questions? Instead, they can find the answers through books, internet and forums like this. The popular book, "Understanding Deaf Culture: In Search of Deafhood." has all info needed for the research paper.

the ASL classes here, both high school AND college, encourage their ASL students to go to the deaf social events. No interviews. Just get out there and practice their ASL skills with the deaf and just socialize.

Very common for kids to do their projects at a last minute. Its part of their learning about a last minute is a bad idea. Wait until they hit college then they will say to themselve, " oh no i should have done it eariler!"

I can understand that but to ask people to help them at last moment is getting to a habit around here.

I can understand that but to ask people to help them at last moment is getting to a habit around here.

yes its very annoying here too

teachers are stupid for chasing deaf people on the internet because they dont realize that we come here for eachother, not for the interviews.

What you're not understanding is that this issue is a DAILY issue. Day after day after day we get brand new posters ( such as yourself ) that don't introduce themselves, and just hop right in to HELP ME WITH MY HOMEWORK! Would you ever just go up to someone and ask for help with homework without properly introducing yourself? No, it's rude and lacks tact. Now, if you introduce yourself it's because I've called you on it and doesn't make up for your prior lack of manners.

Secondly, we get a million and one threads started to help students every day. Seriously, every friggin student in ASL hops on here and just jumps right in! No, hello how are you? No formal convos or anything. you just wait so damn last minute for your assignment so you have to jump right in! So rude.... You act rude, you're going to get rude and short replies, you asked for it.

Lastly, I'll state again, you think you're the only one on here to ask for help with homework? It happens on the daily, and nothing is quite as annoying as logging on seeing that you've missed 800 requests to help ASL students with their assignments. Do you know what that's like? Well, it makes you feel like a damn lab rat as previously quoted. Oh look, this student wants to make an account here and interview me. They don't want to get to know me, talk to me, introduce themselves or ANYTHING! They just want to use me to pass their assignment.

Well, good luck because I'm pretty sure you're not going to find your student answers here with that attitude and approach.

well im sorry i really honestly truly didnt realize that many other kids come on here asking for help as well, and i also didnt realize you would have liked an introduction as well. Most people don't really care for one (must be the people in this town), honestly i had wanted to have done one during the interview, get to know them as a person and let them know a little bit more about myself. Also i see a lot of people on here saying that i shouldn't have waited last minute, i hope you all realize i havn't, this paper isn't due until the end of December.
I'm not trying to be rude, im not trying to be ill mannered or any of the such. I wasn't going to just pop on here and be like "oh hello! yes help me with my hmwk" and never be heard from again, I initially came on here for some help on my research paper but also to hopefully get to know the people on here and hopefully become a part of your little community.
I do know what its like to be asked a question over and over year after year, each year it seemingly becomes more and more irritating, so i do understand how annoying this must be for all of you. I'm sorry i wasn't able to phrase it better or that i seemed to have lacked manners as well.
Im truly sorry to have angered any of you, and i hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day.

well im sorry i really honestly truly didnt realize that many other kids come on here asking for help as well, and i also didnt realize you would have liked an introduction as well. Most people don't really care for one (must be the people in this town), honestly i had wanted to have done one during the interview, get to know them as a person and let them know a little bit more about myself. Also i see a lot of people on here saying that i shouldn't have waited last minute, i hope you all realize i havn't, this paper isn't due until the end of December.
I'm not trying to be rude, im not trying to be ill mannered or any of the such. I wasn't going to just pop on here and be like "oh hello! yes help me with my hmwk" and never be heard from again, I initially came on here for some help on my research paper but also to hopefully get to know the people on here and hopefully become a part of your little community.
I do know what its like to be asked a question over and over year after year, each year it seemingly becomes more and more irritating, so i do understand how annoying this must be for all of you. I'm sorry i wasn't able to phrase it better or that i seemed to have lacked manners as well.
Im truly sorry to have angered any of you, and i hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day.

how many college do you plan or did you apply to? :)

how many college do you plan or did you apply to? :)

i havn't applied to any yet because its a mormon college so theres a lot of things i still have to get in order before i can..but im hoping to get it done in January :) Are you in college or did you graduate already?

I didn't get straight up nasty like I normally would if it were a college kid. However, being in high school is still no reason to lack manners. It is still no reason to jump right in and ask for homework help. Just common sense that you introduce yourself and talk a bit before slapping someone in the face with requests, favors or help. Again, manners have died out these days.... and it's inexcusable.

Wirelessly posted
This is the only forum that I post at that has an "introduction" thread that new people are ask to post at first. The kids may well be comlng from the same experience and have no reason to expect to post an introduction!

I didn't get straight up nasty like I normally would if it were a college kid. However, being in high school is still no reason to lack manners. It is still no reason to jump right in and ask for homework help. Just common sense that you introduce yourself and talk a bit before slapping someone in the face with requests, favors or help. Again, manners have died out these days.... and it's inexcusable.

I have quoted what I said at post 25 and from a recent post by the OP it looks like I was right. The use of an "introduction thread" here is something that is very unusual.

I have quoted what I said at post 25 and from a recent post by the OP it looks like I was right. The use of an "introduction thread" here is something that is very unusual.

It may be unusual, but you notice every student that comes in here and DOES introduce themselves usually gets positive responses? Or at least not negative ones? The ones like this that just belt out asking for homework help get the nasty grams. It's unusual these days to see people hold doors or basic chivalrous actions but does that mean they're not nice and get a better response? Someone holds the door for me on a date, I'm more impressed. Show basic manners, same result.

Back