Help in interpreting a song!

oaladebu

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well on this fabulous friday!

Im getting started on working on a song called "That thing" by Lauyrn Hill in ASL. Im a huge fan when it comes to her music, and as im listening to the this song, I find it a difficult interpreting the lyrics in asl. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!!

For what purpose will you be signing the song in ASL?

How much of the song have you done?

What exactly are you stuck on?

The problem that im having is the song is a little fast, and I realize i can't sign every word since that will be ESL. And signing in ASL will be alot easier and will be the correct language. I just want to make sure that as im working on the song it's in the right ASL sentence structure.

Is this homework for one of your classes?

Also, you may want to post in the right section next time ;)

For what reason are you interpreting the song?

This is not a homework assignment, just something I wanted to do for fun.

I'm curious .. what do you mean by reason for interpreting the song?

We get too many people on here begging for us to do their homework for them.

I'm glad you wanted to do this for fun! You also need to answer Reba's questions, she's a Terp, and she can do ASL things better than I can. She's just trying to help you.

We have too many students come here for "help" with their homework without making any real attempt to do it themselves. We also have some students who are under the misconceptions that:

1. Deaf people live for the opportunity to watch hearing people sign songs for them;

2. Youtube is the epitome of song signing fame; or

3. Signing songs is a way for beginners to improve their signing skills.

The preferred way to get help on interpreting something is to give us what you've done, and then we help you tweak it, or you ask about specific conceptual problems that have you stumped.

It also helps us to know at what level you are so we know how to respond.

The song has already been interpreted. I just wanted someone to look over it, and see if it made sense in the ASL structure.

The song has already been interpreted. I just wanted someone to look over it, and see if it made sense in the ASL structure.
Good. In your first post you were just "getting started" so this is much better. :) Please post it.

Back