Hello. (:

Wow, my mom found out for me at 6 months old.

She said that she was in the kitchen doing dishes & had me in a bouncer. My dad decided to test out his new shot gun without telling her... So, when he fired the first shot, she screamed & jumped 3 feet into the air. Plus breaking a few dishes, Lol. I, on the other hand, didn't even flinch.

She thought it was odd because usually LOUD noises would scare a baby but I didn't even move. Then she noticed that I wouldn't talk at all. I'd only say a few musical tunes noises but they be out of the blue. I wouldn't look at anybody who said my name, etc. We couldn't get in to see an audiologist until I was about 12 months old. I've been wearing hearing aids ever since.

Dude, they suspected that I wasn't responding to my name being called and that when they found out that I lost 50% of my hearing (I was mild 2 moderate) Right now, I am at a severe loss which places me in the 70s to 80s.

Hey Taylor, welcome to AD. I too wore hearing aids all my life and very recently went completely Deaf. I have one Cochlear Implant now. I wish you the best with your new baby!

Hi everyone! I am a new member on this site. I am here to meet new people and make friends. Hope I can meet someone here. And I'm willing to share any ideas of any kind of topic.Tera Items

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Don't worry about your child if he is going to have hearing loss or not. I do hope you can sign so that you can communicate with other Deaf people and also sign to your son whether he has hearing loss or not.

I taught my son baby sign language and then passed along with ASL when he grew old enough to understand ASL. My son is all grown up and I have four granddaughters. Make me a proud Deaf grandmother for this beautiful girls. Yay!!!! :D

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi and :welcome: to AD.

Deaf since birth here.

Back