Hello~!

Vanthie

Reaction score
I'm a 19-year-old female hearie. For the past month or so, I've been learning ASL independently through Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University.

I originally started ASL for a character I'm writing (who was inspired by a silent gamer online who managed to show his personality without saying or typing anything). The language stuck with me, in part, because of how fun it is. It's enjoyable to practice and use in a way that other languages (including my native English) aren't, and I feel like I'm so much more expressive than I am in my dry way of speaking.

I live in Georgia right now, but I've wanted to move to Austin TX even before I started learning ASL, and as I understand it there's a pretty solid Deaf community over there. :) My presence here is an effort to interact with some Deaf and HoH in the meanwhile.

I'm a 19-year-old female hearie. For the past month or so, I've been learning ASL independently through Dr. Bill Vicar's ASL University.

I originally started ASL for a character I'm writing (who was inspired by a silent gamer online who managed to show his personality without saying or typing anything). The language stuck with me, in part, because of how fun it is. It's enjoyable to practice and use in a way that other languages (including my native English) aren't, and I feel like I'm so much more expressive than I am in my dry way of speaking.

I live in Georgia right now, but I've wanted to move to Austin TX even before I started learning ASL, and as I understand it there's a pretty solid Deaf community over there. :) My presence here is an effort to interact with some Deaf and HoH in the meanwhile.

Welcome to the AllDeaf forum. :wave::welcome:
I love Austin as I lived there for a year. Here are some other good ASL sites to use.

ASLPro.com Home
Dr. Bill Vicars' American Sign Language (ASL) Fingerspelling Practice Site

Welcome to AD! (that Baby sloth is soo cruelly cute.)
I have so many random sloth .gifs thanks to tumblr. They're just the perfect reaction to everything.

kristinlovesthesloth.gif

welcome to alldeaf :)
Thank you!

Welcome to the AllDeaf forum. :wave::welcome:
I love Austin as I lived there for a year. Here are some other good ASL sites to use.

ASLPro.com Home
Dr. Bill Vicars' American Sign Language (ASL) Fingerspelling Practice Site
I've heard many good things about Austin from both hearing and Deaf people.

Thanks for the fingerspelling site!

Hello! Welcome to AllDeaf!
Thanks! :ty:

Back