Hello to everybody :D

Oh ok. I don't exactly mean i sign SEE all the way. I just likes to say every words in the sentence. ASL tends to be a little bit more abbv'd. SO what is that.. really? SEE? Unknown? haha..

WHAT?!

Some people are just very Ignorant. (Sp?) And sometimes it amazes me how they still don't get how we function after i explain them thoroughly. >.<

Oh ok. I don't exactly mean i sign SEE all the way. I just likes to say every words in the sentence. ASL tends to be a little bit more abbv'd. SO what is that.. really? SEE? Unknown? haha..

WHAT?!

Some people are just very Ignorant. (Sp?) And sometimes it amazes me how they still don't get how we function after i explain them thoroughly. >.<

ASL is not an abbreviated language. ASL is a deep, concise, complex, and spatial language. Like I said, it is about conveying ideas in a pictorial format.

SEE itself focuses more on each individual part of the sentence and misses the concept (semantics) of the whole sentence, paragraph, or story.

Yes, there are a lot of hearing people out there that are ignorant when it comes to deafness, sign language, and the culture of Deaf people. It is mostly because hearing people yet have to interact with a Deaf person.

It is a little late + Vicodin kicking in. i am having a difficulity reading, I apologize for my Crappily Wrote... statements. Blah. I know what you are saying though.

I agree. This is why i Usually try to educate those that does not seem to understand us more about us so that this world can be a better place for us all :)

It is a little late + Vicodin kicking in. i am having a difficulity reading, I apologize for my Crappily Wrote... statements. Blah. I know what you are saying though.

I agree. This is why i Usually try to educate those that does not seem to understand us more about us so that this world can be a better place for us all :)

vicodin? oh what you hurting from?

WHAT?!

you sign ASL but leaning more toward to English style. Just like me. It can be called as either ESL or PSE.

Neck/Lower back area. I think what i truly need is a true salon treatment soon. :P

SO i am not the only one that does this? I am glad to "hear" so. :D

Neck/Lower back area. I think what i truly need is a true salon treatment soon. :P

SO i am not the only one that does this? I am glad to "hear" so. :D

:werd:

chinatown. full body massage + hot stones = $48 for 1 hr :D

Full body.... O.o Not so sure about that but it does sound good anyways. If only i had the $48 and time to Go down to Chinatown. LOL.

And what is it with you and your $19.95 Special Edition Sunglasses?

Hello MushyCookies. A belated Welcome to AD. Glad you could be an inspiration to Danielle since you both are from Oregon. Cheers. :) .
Danielle, you have a mentor/friend in MushyCookies. Best to you.

Full body.... O.o Not so sure about that but it does sound good anyways. If only i had the $48 and time to Go down to Chinatown. LOL.

And what is it with you and your $19.95 Special Edition Sunglasses?

please purchase it first and I'll tell you :cool2:

Welcome.

Asl user here.

this forum is more of late deaf who learns ASL, CI users (more of oral peeps) and deaf oral and very few asl users here.

What made you to come here?

MushyCookies, do you have Skype? Maybe sometime, if you wanted, would you like to help me with some signing?

Hi All

Hi Everyone I am new to this website. I am hard of hearing and I wanted to make some friends that are either deaf or hard of hearing too. I have no one around here that knows what it is like to have hearing trouble.:wave::D

Belated welcome to AD!
G'day all the way from Australia. :wave:

LOL at Jiro. glad you keep your siggy there for a long time. its pretty familiar to me while i am here.

Hi! I've seen several of your other posts and you seem pretty cool. I don't remember them all at the moment, just a general impression of a person with a lot of compassion, and possibly a fellow geek? My Skype name is persephone.m If you want to chat sometime. (And that goes for anyone on here. I love finding new people to sign with and learn about. :D) I've never really had online friends before, so I hope I'm not too awkward. Hope everyone has a great night!

Back