Hello new here

Cd1997

Reaction score
Hello I am new here. I am still trying to get use to being hard of hearing and trying to adjust to my hearing aids . I know sign language and sometimes use it. In struggle to work in hearing environment

Hello It gets better. I drive a tow truck deal head on with hearing people not easy but rewarding in a way
But I do struggle in my personal life most days I spend alone And it just sucks

Hello I am new here. I am still trying to get use to being hard of hearing and trying to adjust to my hearing aids . I know sign language and sometimes use it. In struggle to work in hearing environment

I used to wear hearing aids from the time I was in my early 20's. Now I'm 49, and the last time i was at the hearing doctor he flat out told me hearing aids wouldn't work for me anymore. My hearing has rapidly deteriorated, and I can't even sign. And like Timothy posted "I spend most of my days alone and it just sucks" Same here. I haven't had any social interaction, face to face time with anyone other than my mother in 10 years.

I used to wear hearing aids from the time I was in my early 20's. Now I'm 49, and the last time i was at the hearing doctor he flat out told me hearing aids wouldn't work for me anymore. My hearing has rapidly deteriorated, and I can't even sign. And like Timothy posted "I spend most of my days alone and it just sucks" Same here. I haven't had any social interaction, face to face time with anyone other than my mother in 10 years.
Have you thought about CIs?

I tried to go on a date it ends badly can’t communicate right makes me look stupid I’m tired just want a normal conversation

Focus on adapting to everything. It is only going to get worse as the hearing deteriorates. Do whatever it takes to have some hearing (Like someone suggested, look into CIs...If you do not have insurance, go to the state Medicaid office, look up charities on line, contact the CI manufacturers (they may guide you to some organizations that can help you).

Like the other guy that responded to you (gutterstyle) - he makes a good point - you are on your own. Do something for yourself.

Back