Hello, new here.

I live in Chicago, Illinois, I've been thinking about getting hearing aids or maybe even a cochlear implant because both of my ears are affected but im afraid if my parents will be able to afford them and i just honestly dont want to put any more stress on them than i already did with this whole situation, but i will try to talk to them about it.

voc rehab will help pay for the cost of hearing aids if a person is in school working https://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=29764

you could trying this place and see they can find away for you get two hearing aids

Before jumping to conclusions, I would want to know what the exact problem is. Until you have someone...anyone...provide you with a proper diagnosis, no insurance company will pay for anything. Get to a doctor! See an audiologust the determine the precise nature of your hearing loss. Everything else is based on speculation.

It would be the same as if I were to say I was sure I had heart disease without seeing a cardiologist. Then I get numerous suggestions about bypass surgery, transplants, and mortuary services. Instead of heart disease, it could be simple digestive problems.

Your hearing loss, which I have no doubt you are experiencing, could be caused by a variety of issues, some of which may be easily treated. So before you drill a hole in your head for a CI and enroll in a school far from home...maybe some answers about the actual state of your ears and hearing abilities should be established.

See a doctor before making plans for becoming deaf. And make sure the doctor takes you seriously! Once you have an ENT and an audiologist confirming a prognosis of deafness, then you can make plans for the future.

Before jumping to conclusions, I would want to know what the exact problem is. Until you have someone...anyone...provide you with a proper diagnosis, no insurance company will pay for anything. Get to a doctor! See an audiologust the determine the precise nature of your hearing loss. Everything else is based on speculation.

It would be the same as if I were to say I was sure I had heart disease without seeing a cardiologist. Then I get numerous suggestions about bypass surgery, transplants, and mortuary services. Instead of heart disease, it could be simple digestive problems.

Your hearing loss, which I have no doubt you are experiencing, could be caused by a variety of issues, some of which may be easily treated. So before you drill a hole in your head for a CI and enroll in a school far from home...maybe some answers about the actual state of your ears and hearing abilities should be established.

See a doctor before making plans for becoming deaf. And make sure the doctor takes you seriously! Once you have an ENT and an audiologist confirming a prognosis of deafness, then you can make plans for the future.

Yeah thats what im trying to do, go to the doctor, then ENT, get hearing tests done, and see where i go from there.

Yeah thats what im trying to do, go to the doctor, then ENT, get hearing tests done, and see where i go from there.

Good!!! It might be that it's something that is easily treated. Which would be awesome, as it can be hard to lose your hearing as a teen. But my mention of things like CIs, HAs, Deaf Schooling was simply to let you know that there's a lot of good resources out there if the loss is permanent!

Good!!! It might be that it's something that is easily treated. Which would be awesome, as it can be hard to lose your hearing as a teen. But my mention of things like CIs, HAs, Deaf Schooling was simply to let you know that there's a lot of good resources out there if the loss is permanent!

I sure hope it is, i really do, a little update aswell, i went to my dermatologist today for the usual allergy tests and she told me im allergic to my cat :( and that allergies are probably the reason why i have some sort of hearing loss, i kind of dont really buy it but i kind of did cheer me up a bit. I have been prescribed medicine for congestion and whatnot, tablets, nasal spray. Maybe it has some sort of connection, i dont know honestly, who i'd really want to hear about my condition is the ENT, but ill give this allergy medications a shot and see how it goes. I also stopped pacing around nervously and panicking( sort of, i still do sometimes) due to just trying to relax and think positively, even though i could barely hear due to background noise when i was outside lol.

Back