Hello! My name is Farid.

usfarid

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
My name is Farid and I'm not deaf. I'm having CI on left ear. I do not sign I talk only and I do not speak english as well but I'm struggling to speak and understand english well. My first language is Russian. I just recently moved from Kansas to Weatherford, TX to work and I'm looking for friends. I'm here new and I do not know anybody. Could anyone please tell me where is deaf & hearing chat night in Wetherford and deaf church? I would love to go there and meet new people and make friends.
Farid.

Hello and welcome to Deafchat. I am sure others will soon be along and try to help get you the information you seek.

Tell me, if you are not deaf and will be having a CI (or if you really mean you now already have one), what is this CI for? When the sun goes down, you are deafer than you are by day.

Last edited:
I'm having CI right now. CI means "Cochlear Implant"...
If you never heard of this take a look: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNpP2fr57A]YouTube - Cochlear Implant[/ame]
Thanks.

:welcome: to AD. There are many CI users here and they still call themselves deaf.

Hello!!

I have a CI and I'm deaf

Why do you call yourself deaf? What are you then?? Hearing? HOH?

If you're having CI so you're not deaf. You know without CI you cannot hear anything right? =)

Welcome to AD.

I still consider myself deaf when I wear my hearing aid.

Glad you found this site. you will enjoy reading the whole threads here. happy posting.

If you're having CI so you're not deaf. You know without CI you cannot hear anything right? =)

It depends on how you want to label yourself. Technically you're still deaf because you have to hear with a device. I wear hearing aids, have a moderate-severe loss, and therefore call myself hard of hearing. However, I am still technically deaf and use the deaf card when people are being rude about my hearing loss. You have the right to use any term you like to describe your hearing loss.

Just because you have CI doesnt mean you are not deaf. I am and always will be deaf. I know I cannot hear anything without my Ci.
Why do you think you're hearing with CI?

But if you don't like to acknowledge your deaf then that's fine by me :)

I can hear with my hearing aids but cant hear like a hearing person hence my reason for calling myself Deaf.

Just because you have CI doesnt mean you are not deaf. I am and always will be deaf. I know I cannot hear anything without my Ci.
Why do you think you're hearing with CI?

But if you don't like to acknowledge your deaf then that's fine by me :)

I hear like a hearing person, that's why I think! =)

I can hear with my hearing aids but cant hear like a hearing person hence my reason for calling myself Deaf.

I used hearing AID before but it didn't work out! I just heard noises that' all but didn't understand speech as well. I had surgery 8 yrs ago now I hear perfect...

I used hearing AID before but it didn't work out! I just heard noises that' all but didn't understand speech as well. I had surgery 8 yrs ago now I hear perfect...

I had surgery 9 years ago and I don't hear anywhere near perfect. It is a personal choice I guess.

I had surgery 9 years ago and I don't hear anywhere near perfect. It is a personal choice I guess.
Well, When I was born I was hearing child and got sick by medical shot when I was a 1 year old. All my life I was hard of hearing and in 2002 I moved to USA for surgery. What about you, probably you were born hard of hearing or deaf?

Well, When I was born I was hearing child and got sick by medical shot when I was a 1 year old. All my life I was hard of hearing and in 2002 I moved to USA for surgery. What about you, probably you were born hard of hearing or deaf?

Hearing in fact. I am now deaf, have been almost all my life

Hearing in fact. I am now deaf, have been almost all my life

Ok. Why don't you want to have a CI?
I have CI and it changed my life so much. I'm now like hearing person, I talk with people, drive with my new brand car and also talk on the phone...
It's just amazing...

Back