Hello, I'm New here...

MsCDukes

Reaction score
I'm so glad I am here. Life has been a little quiet for me of recent. I have been losing my hearing since I was in an automobile accident years ago and now it's just really bad. I enrolled in an online school program through USU and I love it. I've learned so much about deaf culture, taken a couple semesters of ASL, and anatomy and physiology classes of the Ear.
This has been lonely for me as I feel more and more detached from the Hearing world and struggle to meet up with others who are in my shoes.
I don't want to feel sorry for myself I just want to enjoy my life and find others to share it with and a genuine and rich way.
So here I am.
I do need to interview someone who works with Hearing Impaired children and I'm at a loss as to where I might find someone. I live in the mountains in California and am a little isolated. I'm about an hour and a half from LA and am thinking at this time I might contact someone at the John Tracey Clinic.
If anyone works with HI children would you allow me to do an interview?
Please know that I plan to stay here for my own interests of meeting others that have any connection with deafness so I can expand my social world. I'm not here to just get an interview and do not want to offend anyone by asking?
Can't wait to dive into some of the threads here that have caught my eye.

WELCOME! We do have a few other late deafened "very into Deaf" regular posters here....So you're not alone!
We also have a few TODs here.....shel is one and so is bajagirl. Maybe you could interview them! John Tracy is more oral.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. John Tracy is :ugh:. You will learn a lot about our deaf perspectives, our deaf experiences and why we want to use ASL instead of Oral-only method. You will learn about Deaf Culture. There will be lot of discussion. So enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks everyone for your response. Let me explain..

It's been a doozey of a year.
Anyways, when I saw zero responses and the being an only one with no responses to an intro, I think that really just hit a tender spot.
So, thanks for your responses and welcomes.
I won't belabor this..
So, I'm really hoping to do all I can to make 2011 a year of change for the better and filled with more joy and happiness than what came in 2010.
Thank you again.:wiggle::wiggle:

Back