Hello....From Californ- I - A

MsCDukes

Reaction score

Hello. I'm new here.
Introduced myself earlier and had no responses. WOWZA.. The ten people who introduced themselves after me had responses galore. Mine - ZERO responses.
Now if that don't make you feel like something isn't right with you. So, I'll give it another try.

So..
I'm HOH/ technically deaf. Know ASL a little and will continue to learn it to use it fluently. I expect to be completely deaf soon. I don't know anyone who is deaf. Would like to connect with other deaf or severly HI people.
I find this whole in between the hearing and deaf world a bit confusing and a little uncomfortable.
So Hello... to you all and hope to make some connections.

You had made double posting. One posting is enough. We already answered in your earlier post. So go and have a look. See you around. :wave:

That's strange; it has replies now. Sometimes you just have to wait a bit I guess. Either way, hello :D I'm hearing myself, but I'm sure you'll meet lots of people here who meet your criteria. I really like this place so far. Sorry about the late-welcoming.

Hi. I see you intro at 4:52 am. Not too many awake and on AD then. So most people probably didn't see this one either.

I would not have seen it either but for Sosie's response.

It's all in the timing.

So anyway, :welcome:

And oddly enough, I responded to both! Maybe I get points for being extra friendly! :)

Your extra friendliness just made everything better. LOL.. Thank you for responding.

Your extra friendliness just made everything better. LOL.. Thank you for responding.

You are very welcome. And it really happened to you just because your thread got pushed down and no one saw it. :)

Just curious. Where in the USA are you?

I don't know who you are asking. It helps to push quote at the bottom of the screen and then post reply. Then your question is specific.

For me Iowa. :wave:

I didn't notice that. :ty: for pointing it out for us, Bebonang!

Ha ha ha, maybe I am friendly, too to say that to you twice in your "Introduce Yourself" threads, MsCDukes...

For me, Massachusetts.

Well, double friendliness goes along way, thank you Sosie. Massachusetts... visit that area between NH and Boston a few times a year. Hope January weather is good to you this year Sosie.

I didn't notice that. :ty: for pointing it out for us, Bebonang!

Ha ha ha, maybe I am friendly, too to say that to you twice in your "Introduce Yourself" threads, MsCDukes...

For me, Massachusetts.

Hello. I'm new here.
Introduced myself earlier and had no responses. WOWZA.. The ten people who introduced themselves after me had responses galore. Mine - ZERO responses.
Now if that don't make you feel like something isn't right with you. So, I'll give it another try.

So..
I'm HOH/ technically deaf. Know ASL a little and will continue to learn it to use it fluently. I expect to be completely deaf soon. I don't know anyone who is deaf. Would like to connect with other deaf or severly HI people.
I find this whole in between the hearing and deaf world a bit confusing and a little uncomfortable.
So Hello... to you all and hope to make some connections.

Hello MsCDukes... Nice meeting to you and my wife and i are from Northern California - to be specify where the location is Chico, CA - approximately 90 miles north of Sacramento, CA. Which town are you from in CA? My wife and i are both deaf with ASL but we both did go to mainstream when we were younger. Welcome to AllDeaf!!! :thumb:

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Well hello to the both of you. Is your wife also a member here? I live right outside Rancho Cucamongo about an hour from Pasadena. One of the things I regret is having never been encouraged to learn ASL when I was younger and I learned more quickly.
Thank you for the welcome.

Hello MsCDukes... Nice meeting to you and my wife and i are from Northern California - to be specify where the location is Chico, CA - approximately 90 miles north of Sacramento, CA. Which town are you from in CA? My wife and i are both deaf with ASL but we both did go to mainstream when we were younger. Welcome to AllDeaf!!! :thumb:

I don't think I've ever met anyone from Iowa. Is is a bit cold for you too right now?
I don't know who you are asking. It helps to push quote at the bottom of the screen and then post reply. Then your question is specific.

For me Iowa. :wave:

Well hello to the both of you. Is your wife also a member here? I live right outside Rancho Cucamongo about an hour from Pasadena. One of the things I regret is having never been encouraged to learn ASL when I was younger and I learned more quickly.
Thank you for the welcome.

Hi MsCDukes.... We used to live in San Gabriel Valley area - to specify location is Duarte and Azusa. My wife used to go to Pasadena City College long time ago and Pierce City College too... My wife grew up San Gabriel Valley areas but she transferred from her job at El Monte to San Diego in 1984 and then i met her at deaf valentine day party in San Diego in 1985 and then dated her for one month and got married ever since..... My wife is not member of AllDeaf but most ADers knows who my wife is.... :D

Well, double friendliness goes along way, thank you Sosie. Massachusetts... visit that area between NH and Boston a few times a year. Hope January weather is good to you this year Sosie.

You are welcome! Maybe we will meet up in New England. Wouldn't that be nice.. :)
I have survived unseasonable COLD weather but thanks. :lol:

Back