Hello Everyone ^.^

Fantasyismyreal

Reaction score
My name is Tori, and Ive just begun to learn ASL.
I need to have a "deaf event" meaning to simply talk to someone?some people who are deaf for about an hour or so.
I live in NY on long Island and I own a webcam.
if anyone is interested in helping me out id be much obliged.
thanks all =]

I'm Fatima. I'm looking for someone to help me out as well. Someone gave me this site...lifeprint.com. You should check it out. I found it helpful ^^

I need to have a "deaf event" meaning to simply talk to someone?some people who are deaf for about an hour or so.

Are you willing to talk to someone who has been deaf for longer than one hour?

:D

long island, nah too many deafies live there like 10 minutes away from you. which town are you, i dont need to know nassau co or suffolk co but town. :aw: too many deafies who are ASL users who live there.

Of course I'd be willing to talk for more than an hour. I want to learn everything, and make friends.
And I live in the town of Islip, I'd be willing to meet someone for coffee at Starbucks or something. Obv my signing is not that great but I won't get better unless I have real experience.

I live in NY on long Island and I own a webcam.
if anyone is interested in helping me out id be much obliged.
thanks all =]

Of course I'd be willing to talk for more than an hour. I want to learn everything, and make friends.
And I live in the town of Islip, I'd be willing to meet someone for coffee at Starbucks or something. Obv my signing is not that great but I won't get better unless I have real experience.

Let's try this again. Your OP reads as if you're looking for someone who is only deaf for an hour or so...not that you want to talk to someone for an hour or so. Also, I don't think meeting someone one-on-one would be considered an "event".

Let's try this again. Your OP reads as if you're looking for someone who is only deaf for an hour or so...not that you want to talk to someone for an hour or so. Also, I don't think meeting someone one-on-one would be considered an "event".

Actually I said "someone/ some people who are deaf for about an hour or so?"
So this is just a misunderstanding.
The goal is simply to interact with someone who uses the language I'm learning primarily.
If anyone is willing to help me I'd be grateful.

Your writing is being nitpicked upon. You need to add a comma to make it grammatically correct (see in red) or it's just a run-on sentence.

"some people who are deaf, for about an hour or so?"

Anyways, have you tried with your local deaf coffee center? I'd suggest that because you'd get a lot more productive there than on the forum and/or internet. Someone may be here shortly to advise you where to check out for LI, NY.

Actually I said "someone/ some people who are deaf for about an hour or so?"
So this is just a misunderstanding.
The goal is simply to interact with someone who uses the language I'm learning primarily.
If anyone is willing to help me I'd be grateful.

We all know what you are looking for, and you obviously missed our sarcasm....that's why I put a disclaimer on my sig line below....

:lol: I thought the same thing when I first read that! :D

Don't mind 'em, honey; they're just picking on you. And welcome to AD! :)

I'm sure that you can find lots of deaf people to talk to on Long Island. Have you tried looking around your area? Try googling for different events around your area. I'm sure there's SOMETHING.

It's hard to register sarcasm via Internet with people you don't know. So idk what y'all want me to say to that.
Sheesh ask people for help and get attacked.
This forum is oh so much fun! <- sarcasm.
And most of the deaf events are on the weekends,
I'm a waitress and that's when I work. :/

It's a tough world out there, and the internet is going to get tougher.

Have you seen any deaf customers come to your restaurant? You could try asking them if they know of a place to hangout.

Back