User_Removed

Reaction score
I am the only hedgehog breeder in Southern California who is partnered with and endorsed by a reputable exotic veterinarian. Does anyone here think that hedgehogs are just the cutest things ever? Does anyone own a hedgehog?

Do you have the quills to pay the bills?!

Attachments

• 2015-09-05 (4).jpg
    2015-09-05 (4).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2015-09-05 (2).jpg
    2015-09-05 (2).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 11
They are cute. I've had a small stuffed one (no, not a taxidermied one) for many years.

I think hedgehogs are adorable. You said you are a breeder - do you sell them to the general public or more specific places like zoos, etc.? And, if I may ask, what do they go for, pricewise? I do not think I have ever heard of a hedgehog breeder, so this is new to me! :)

I am the only hedgehog breeder in Southern California who is partnered with and endorsed by a reputable exotic veterinarian. Does anyone here think that hedgehogs are just the cutest things ever? Does anyone own a hedgehog?

Do you have the quills to pay the bills?!
Cute.

Where do they sleep? hope they aren't in the glasses box????

I think hedgehogs are adorable. You said you are a breeder - do you sell them to the general public or more specific places like zoos, etc.? And, if I may ask, what do they go for, pricewise? I do not think I have ever heard of a hedgehog breeder, so this is new to me! :)
Their pricing depends on the region. They are very difficult to get here in Southern California and the closest pet shop that sells them is in Nevada. So they range from $300 to $400 USD. However, if you were to drive to Nevada for one you can get them for around $200 plus tax. As for who I sell them to, it's usually families with older children (I discourage the sale of these animals to children under age 8 for safety reasons, mainly for the hedgehog) or college students. Mostly women purchase them but there are also a lot of men who love these unique little pets. I do sometimes get educators or collectors as customers but it really is mainly to the general public.

Cute.

Where do they sleep? hope they aren't in the glasses box????
They live in burrows so they are kept inside cages that have smooth floors and lots of bedding (aspen or paper pulp). They get a large, smooth wheel to run on and they sleep inside a plastic igloo that you can buy at the store. Some people do keep them in aquariums and that is totally fine as long as they have one that is at least 1ft x 3ft in size. They must have proper ventilation so they either need a mesh top to their cage or no top at all if the sides are at least a foot high. They usually do not escape even if the sides of their cage are quite low. As long as they are happy they will stay in their little fort ;)

Back