Hearing woman from NYC

KStiletto

Reaction score
Hi, just stopping in here to say hello to all. I love ASL, and want to be more involved with the deaf culture. I don't like going out to my ASL meetups alone, and I don't know anyone who respects and sees the beauty in signing. It is what it is. Ttfn. :wave:

Last edited:
I can definitely realate to not wanting to go to the Deaf Socials alone. However, if you just push yourself to do it once or twice, you'll meet people there and it won't be so awkward because you'll already have friends there. :) For me, I've brought people who weren't interested and it really just wasn't any fun for them or even for me anymore because I was worried that they were bored and wanting to leave and thinking it was stupid. I've also seen other's bring friends who have no interest in Deaf Culture and it's weird because when that person is trying to learn and get to know people and you're signing with them, the friend usually decides they want to leave and you have to stop in the middle, or they're just talking to the friend the whole time. Seriously, I know it's hard going by yourself but you really will have more fun and get more out of it if you just push through a couple times. Good luck hun!

That's true that most of people cannot respect ASL, because they don't understand ASL as same as thousands of people speak international languages. America is a country that's for English language, but ASL does not have a seperate country. We know that sign language is obviously the poorest popular language, but we don't care it. It's our real deaf culture. I noticed the same situation was that a nice white wife was proudful to hang out with her Indian husband openly. They kissed together. A baby was his wife's lap. Her hasband kissed the baby's forhead. They both didn't care what their witnesses were glancing them...:roll:

Im going to brush up on my ASL with the help of lifeprint and then I should feel better communicating. I mean what person that is fluent wants to read my fingerspelling all the time?:aw:

That's true that most of people cannot respect ASL, because they don't understand ASL as same as thousands of people speak international languages. America is a country that's for English language, but ASL does not have a seperate country. We know that sign language is obviously the poorest popular language, but we don't care it. It's our real deaf culture. I noticed the same situation was that a nice white wife was proudful to hang out with her Indian husband openly. They kissed together. A baby was his wife's lap. Her hasband kissed the baby's forhead. They both didn't care what their witnesses were glancing them...:roll:

I have no idea what you are talking about. ASL is not the poorest popular language. ASL is our primary language for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.

As for the bold statement below your comment, the English sentences were not clear enough for me to understand what you are saying. :confused:

Anyway, you will learn a lot about us discussing and debating about many subjects or topics here on the forum. Just have fun and see you around here. :wave:

Back