Hearing students cheating!!!

One time, i was at RIT, took the exam on Lit course. One interpreter came in out of the blue whom i never see her before. She sat down and professor tell us about the rules on exam, once cheat and automatic fail, and blah blah. I started the mood: smartmouth and asked professor, "Can you describe the cheat?" Then, professor explained about the cheat to describe, one girl who next to me and asked me in whisper (im hard of hearing that i can hear very well), "Why are you asking that stupid question?" i told her, "wait."

After professor finished the describe of cheat. I raised it again, "Cheat are suppose for couples who get cheat each other by affair? or specific on this exam where we get cheat by exchange the words?" Professor started getting cranky and told me to hush it up. some of students were laughed and pat on my back for 'good job'.

During the exam, i asked a girl who next to me, "What the hell is that mean?!" She was like *no no no, dont ask me! i dont want trouble, get lost* I asked interpreter with my raise hand kindly about that question, somehow my professor accident answered the answer of the question. Professor sat down and gulped. I caught it and answered the right one. YEA! I kinda of took the advantage of it. After exam, i came to professor and told, "Good job" in sign language. Professor spoke to me, "clever".

A genius.

On testing: I would stand or pay more attention to all students during tests and walk around the room at frequent intervals

Nope. I was just trying to sound smart :D

LOL! It was obvious from your suggestion of walking around the room. When a teacher is giving a test in ASL, he/she must stand stationary in a place where all the students can see the signing. The test is for receptive skills of the language. Of course there may be a written portion, as well, dealing with questions on Deaf Culture, but the majority of the test is usually interpreting the teacher's signing into written English.

Back