Hearing person seeks assistance deciphering some sign language

Yes. I can see all 4 letters.

mm1.png

I think it is like that ASL love sign hearing people use hand photos for. The E in that one looks like #6 because they don't think the real "E" looks right.

no, the 'e' is right, its second finger to point after 'a' on the thumb , with the little finger (last) is the 'u' the five fingers on left right (if you're predominantly right handed person) , goes a,e,i,o,u
all the English Vowels...

never seen the "v" is could be the very old "v" v is normally done with the 2 first fingers separated in a "v" shape and place on the palm of the left hand, much like the "l' using the 'first finger placed on the palm' as seen in the first letter on this picture above.

no, the 'e' is right, its second finger to point after 'a' on the thumb , with the little finger (last) is the 'u' the five fingers on left right (if you're predominantly right handed person) , goes a,e,i,o,u
all the English Vowels...

never seen the "v" is could be the very old "v" v is normally done with the 2 first fingers separated in a "v" shape and place on the palm of the left hand, much like the "l' using the 'first finger placed on the palm' as seen in the first letter on this picture above.

Sorry, I meant what hearing people do with "love" in ASL. I was only comparing the way they change things to make it look right to them, not the specific changes in the OP.

What I described is an ASL substitution I have seen done.

Yes. I can see all 4 letters.

I do not mean the hands , there are letters from the alphabet craved right into the wood too , I can clearly see the letter 'V E and a letter I can't made out if it's ' O ' or 'C' .

If you zoom in the photo you can see the letters of alphabet , well I can see them and I could see them without zooming in.

I do not mean the hands , there are letters from the alphabet craved right into the wood too , I can clearly see the letter 'V E and a letter I can't made out if it's ' O ' or 'C' .

If you zoom in the photo you can see the letters of alphabet , well I can see them and I could see them without zooming in.

Right. I can see the L. Look harder.

Look at the hand where the palm is facing up. Then look at the pinky finger of that hand. The L is right next to it. It's faint, but I see it.

Look at the hand where the palm is facing up. Then look at the pinky finger of that hand. The L is right next to it. It's faint, but I see it.

Damn , I am cross-eyes looking for that 'L' put I do believe I d saw it . So this said LOVE ,right???

well, any new developments? it kinda intrigued me. would be nice to know what was the meaning of this.

has anyone beside me seen the letters beside the signs - E, V and possibly an O ? does that mean anything?

Fuzzy

Yes , I saw the letters right away.

Who cares about the sign that cat is freaking creepy looking!!! :shock:

Back