Hearing people and disrespect?

And also the hearing on forums can be rude as i can mentioned that Wol*eymole from other forum who do as moderators find my english is so bad and he decided to post entire thread about improving my english with my username on it.

It was embrassing. I've requested Admin to remove it off and left forum as i got better forum to social in and never talked about my english as they understand me well.

Wow that was mean regardless of who it is. Trust, Im in a ton of forums and trust me there are always a handful of *ssholes. No one is suppose to make anyone feel less than. Next time voice your opinion and hold your ground.

WOW! I did not realize until after reading all these posts how sensitive this issue is to so many. Please allow me to apologize as a hearing person watching others signing. I think the ASL is such a beautiful language and that is why I watched others. It was like going to a concert or ballet. I watched because it was beautiful. That is what got me interested in learning ASL myself. It just did not occur to me that I was being rude. Please forgive my ignorance.

a question.... I moved to a new town about a year ago for school, work in grocery store and every now and then I will see one or two people walking around signing, I know its crazy and probably crazy rude but I really wanna walk up and just be like "hey! so how do you know sign?" I know my brother doesn't mind when other ppl deaf/hearing do it, but thats my bro, he's fairly laid back and was in mainstream school (which makes a difference from my experience) so I just wanted an opinion lol... I don't wanna scare ppl off or be the "crazy lady" at work

a question.... I moved to a new town about a year ago for school, work in grocery store and every now and then I will see one or two people walking around signing, I know its crazy and probably crazy rude but I really wanna walk up and just be like "hey! so how do you know sign?" I know my brother doesn't mind when other ppl deaf/hearing do it, but thats my bro, he's fairly laid back and was in mainstream school (which makes a difference from my experience) so I just wanted an opinion lol... I don't wanna scare ppl off or be the "crazy lady" at work

Speaking of rude, I had a funny dream last night that I went shopping at a local mall and someone saw that I'm deaf. She ran up to me and started saying, "Hey I know some ABCs!" and proceeded to sign her ABCs very slowly... That was a nightmare.

Really, everyone can be rude in general. Some more ignorant than others.

I saw a video of a deaf girl talking about an old schoolmate signing to her and doing so very badly like pointing at her eye to say "I" - I was cracking up.

Yes, I have encounted some hearing people who were rude. I can take a bullet or 2. I can handle it.

My girlfriend is hearing. She doesn't have a deaf member in her family. Her Mom and she both wants to take ASL class to learn to speak to me better. Yeah, there are some nice hearing people. Don't group them all in one.

Speaking of rude, I had a funny dream last night that I went shopping at a local mall and someone saw that I'm deaf. She ran up to me and started saying, "Hey I know some ABCs!" and proceeded to sign her ABCs very slowly... That was a nightmare.

Really, everyone can be rude in general. Some more ignorant than others.

its your subconscious telling you, hearing people are so limited to ENGLISH, the only way *they think theyre learning sign* is in fingerspells, a nightmare inside a nightmare inside a nightmare inside a nightmare
fingerspell fingerspell fingerspell fingerspell fingerspell

now
does that mean its sign?

NOPE

frustrating isn't it

no small wonder hearing people dont know sign, i think those alphabet sign cards should be wiped off and replaced with 'hello sign. goodbye, wanna-fuck, toilet, where car, want buy, want beer signs' then it might have better results LOL

if supposd hearing person says stupid on deaf, I said excuse interpetre i said stop it think play games on think images! hearing culture insult to deaf point, hearing embrassment, then sorry I can't hear fair, If not nice said on inapporiate, I notice few people many people insult to me, person hurting feeling upset true, must to respect to deaf!

I like to look a person face when talking to them and some people find this rude.
I do think it rude when a hearing know you're HOH and they refuse to talk loud enough to heard them! I gone to a pet store and the woman spoke so softly I could not hear her and I told her this 2x and yet she still did not talk louder and she got upset because I did not answer her!! I think some people are clueless to what HOH or deaf mean!!

you silly egg, you should have asked for pen and paper to really obviate this and it would have been a lot easier for you too

Q. Hearing people and disrespect?

A. Not always unless if they're being superior to deaf and hard of hearing people, then yes, that would have problem.

Q. Hearing people and disrespect?

A. Not always unless if they're being superior to deaf and hard of hearing people, then yes, that would have problem.

Yea after some interesting convos on here, I've picked up a few things, and have a better understanding.

you should come over to the "Do we have a challenge ahead of us to avoid becoming Hearing?" and just see how KN, G, etc really demostrate Lack of respect! they're deaf or Hoh but hold sternly to the Hearing ideology to which all deaf people should be Hearing and yet you can see plainly they are horrible.

Another excursus into sociology: hearing is an ideology. Don't recall any transformation on the day when I became bilateral deaf-December 20, 2006.

I am aware apparently my condition is not "real" till "approved by deaf community- special committee".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Another excursus into sociology: hearing is an ideology. Don't recall any transformation on the day when I became bilateral deaf-December 20, 2006.

I am aware apparently my condition is not "real" till "approved by deaf community- special committee".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

No, not a special committee. Everyone gets to vote.

Since when people have to vote someone in to be "real" deaf?
:ugh:

Since when people have to vote someone in to be "real" deaf?
:ugh:

It was a joke. :roll:

(In response to his "my condition is not "real" till "approved by deaf community- special committee")

Back